deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: DeckStats.net is going HTTPS-only  (Read 1830 times)

Nils

• Decks
DeckStats.net is going HTTPS-only
« on: September 11, 2016, 08:01:57 pm »
I am sure most of you are aware of this by now, but in addition to default protocol for accessing websites (HTTP) there is also a more secure version called HTTPS. HTTPS encrypts your connection between the server and your computer, effectively preventing anyone listening in on your connection from seeing what data you send and receive.

DeckStats.net has supported HTTPS for quite a while, but so far we were still using HTTP by default. This was because I wanted to make sure everything worked fine before I switched the default entirely, since there are a few technical challenges involved with using HTTPS properly. However, since our HTTPS site has been running without any issues over the last few months I think it is now time to make the switch.

Thus, I am happy to announce that as of today, we will be using HTTPS by default throughout the site!

Any new deck links you generate will now point to the HTTPS version of DeckStats. If you access DeckStats through HTTP, the site will continue to function, but you will be switched to the HTTPS version as soon as you click any link on the page.

What does this mean for me?

On the surface, absolutely nothing should change for you. You should still be able to use DeckStats exactly as you have before. The only difference should be the the little green lock symbol displayed in your address bar. However, behind the scenes your connection is now being encrypted and all data you send to and receive from our servers is hidden from anyone eavesdropping on your connection. This is especially important if you are using things like open WiFi networks, where your connection can easily be intercepted. But even if you're just on your home connection it is good practice.

debiant

• Decks
Re: DeckStats.net is going HTTPS-only
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:59:37 pm »
I'm really glad that you take security seriously. Thank you for going all https. I don't wan't anyone peaking at my decks. :)