deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Improved Commander support in our deckbuilder  (Read 8010 times)

Nils

• Decks
Improved Commander support in our deckbuilder
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:07:24 pm »
We have a lot of Commander players on DeckStats, so one of the things I have been working is to make our site more useful for building Commander decks!

Of course we already have the automatic card recommendation tab (powered by edhrec.com) but I have always been a bit unhappy with the fact that it wasn't actually that easy to select your commander in the first place. In addition, when viewing a commander deck, it also wasn't always obvious who the commander actually was.

To solve both of these problems, I have recently added a new feature to our deckbuilder that allows you to directly select and highlight your commander!

When you now set your deck format to "EDH / Commander", little flag icons will appear next to every card in your main deck. Simply click the flag next to your commander to identify it:

Once you have done this, your commander will be shown with slightly larger font on top of your deck list:

Please let me know what you think, and what other improvements you would like to see!

Note: This only works if your commander is in your main deck, so please do not put it in your sideboard anymore.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:05:35 pm by Nils »

Nils

• Decks
Re: Improved Commander support in our deckbuilder
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:33:17 pm »
Another update for commander decks: If you select your commander the card will now also be displayed next to your deck list!

ushiikun

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »
Just want to start out with how much I like the site!

Any chance there will be another update that allows for two commanders due to the new partner mechanic?

Grargh

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:20:34 am »
When I use the "Starting Hand" feature to goldfish a little, I still eventually draw my Commander, which shouldn't be in the deck under normal circumstances. Now that it's easy to identify the Commander in a decklist, could you exclude them from cards drawn in the that tab?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »
Good catch, this should be fixed now!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:09 pm »

Any chance there will be another update that allows for two commanders due to the new partner mechanic?
Good news, the partner mechanic is now supported as well!

Anaklumos

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 09:16:18 pm »
FIRSTLY, I'll start this post off with something I noticed needs to be fixed.
The Pact cycle cards that were reprinted in Modern Masters 2013 are considered colorless despite the spells having color declared on the card.

SECONDLY, especially for Commander but even for other formats like Legacy and Cube, I would request a "Color Identity" feature be added to the list of quick sortables next to Mana, Type and Set.

For commander this allows anyone to double check that none of the cards in their deck accidentally conflicts with their color identity

For cube this allows anyone to balance their color wedge of spells in mono color and multi color (if you have a card with an ability of a different color it's a multicolor card)

For legacy (and other 60 card constructed formats) this allows anyone to see what kind of mana requirements and fixing they need to support to utilize all of their deck's power and balance out how much of a weight it becomes when going into uncharted deckbuilding waters.

THIRDLY, sorting by colors should always go in the order of WUBRG and would be preferred to happen automatically as a standard sort upon clicking the "Analyze" button and while using the "hot" sorting headers of Type, Mana, etc.

As a MTG player/deckbuilder and a Software Developer, these are things that I would like to see implemented for consistency as well as utility in the flow of the DeckStats webapp for the benefit of every user.

The order for sorting multicolor identity should go combinatorially with White holding the most weight, then Blue, and so on in the order of WUBRG.

Example is as follows:
WU
WB
WR
WG
UB
UR
UG
BR
BG
RG
WUB
WUR
WUG
WBR
WBG
WRG
UBR
UBG
URG
BRG
WUBR
WUBG
WURG
WBRG
UBRG
WUBRG

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 01:03:54 am »
Hi Anaklumos - thank you very much for your suggestions, I have responded to you via email now!

Subchunker

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 05:45:51 am »

Good news, the partner mechanic is now supported as well!

How do you select both Partners? I'm trying to use Trynn, Champion of Freedom and Silvar, Devourer of the Free and it won't let me select both. Note that they have the "Partner with ..." mechanic and not just "Partner".

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 06:30:09 am »
You have to enable multiple commanders at the bottom
Nils is the God I worship

Subchunker

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 09:09:01 pm »
You have to enable multiple commanders at the bottom

Ah, thanks!

octagone

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 04:19:36 am »
I don't see where to enable multiple commanders any more.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 01:48:33 pm »
There should be a tick box above the deck list, below the Properties button.

octagone

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 09:39:04 pm »
I don't see it there either.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 09:58:22 pm »
It looks like it was not shown under some circumstances. Please try again now!