deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Make your own Planeswalker  (Read 3241 times)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Make your own Planeswalker
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:21:28 am »
Let's see what you come up with. These are mine...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:46:37 am by Mnemosyne »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Make your own Planeswalker
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:03:29 pm »
What site or tool did you use to make these?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 10:13:13 pm »
What site or tool did you use to make these?

Hey, I used the site mtgcardsmith.com. (At the base of the card)  :)

What do you think of them?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:16:26 pm by Mnemosyne »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:34:46 pm »

Hey, I used the site mtgcardsmith.com. (At the base of the card)  :)

What do you think of them?

haha, makes sense.

And I like them! they're very very powerful, and the color identities on Urza and Taysir are pretty flexible. They'd fit nicely into an Archenemy deck or something or the sort (just since the power level is so high). I think I like Serra the most, just since she's so targeted. She purges evil and all her abilities express that. The flavor is great!

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28:47 am »
Thanks!  :) I decided on their current power level based on the lore, and the fact they were planeswalkers before the Mending, meaning they could manipulate reality at a whim to create worlds(Serra's realm and Argentum), and restore themselves (Urza was decapitated and could function without a body). Nico Bolas is obsessed with restoring what he lost in the Mending.

Taysir (Arabian Nights Story) was reputed to be as powerful, if not more so than Urza Planeswalker. (and represented all five mana) I wanted them to both reflect their power level and their characters in life. I am glad you like Serra, she is one of my favourites.

I'll make more, at some point. Think you'll design one? I would like to see what you guys come up with. (Doesn't even have to be lore related either.)

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:00:40 am »
That's a pretty sweet site! Definitely found a new time sink :P

I always liked Kamahl from the old Odessey and Onslaught Blocks, so I through this guy together. He may even be a little underpowered to see play, but he fills a niche. Maybe if his first ability was a +2 or he only cost 3 mana instead...

EDIT: As I think about it, that -X is probably way too strong... Being able to put him into play T4 then just -4 to find any 4 drop you want and put it into play tapped may be too broken. Maybe starting at 3 loyalty would be more fair.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:06:27 am by KouriNick »

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 02:02:14 am »
Something I've always liked.  I wish there was more room to type the name or the rules, because I couldnt' be quite as clear as I wanted to. 

"Intet, Rememberer of the Past"

+1: Name a nonland card. look at the top card of your library. if it's the named card, reveal it and put it in your hand. if not, put it in your GY.
-2: Until your next turn, Intet is indestructible and gains protection from target player or permanent.
+8: You get an emblem with Whenever you cast a spell, if it has the same name as a card in your GY, you may cast the GY card without paying its cost

Starts at 4
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 02:24:07 am »
That's a pretty sweet site! Definitely found a new time sink :P

I always liked Kamahl from the old Odessey and Onslaught Blocks, so I through this guy together. He may even be a little underpowered to see play, but he fills a niche. Maybe if his first ability was a +2 or he only cost 3 mana instead...

EDIT: As I think about it, that -X is probably way too strong... Being able to put him into play T4 then just -4 to find any 4 drop you want and put it into play tapped may be too broken. Maybe starting at 3 loyalty would be more fair.

I like it, guys! Keep them coming! Post an update if you decide to alter it! (-X) might be a little strong  :P especially if you have a low mana curve! it's basically like an OP Collected Company haha. But otherwise looking good!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:26:47 am by Mnemosyne »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 02:25:51 am »
Something I've always liked.  I wish there was more room to type the name or the rules, because I couldnt' be quite as clear as I wanted to. 

"Intet, Rememberer of the Past"

+1: Name a nonland card. look at the top card of your library. if it's the named card, reveal it and put it in your hand. if not, put it in your GY.
-2: Until your next turn, Intet is indestructible and gains protection from target player or permanent.
+8: You get an emblem with Whenever you cast a spell, if it has the same name as a card in your GY, you may cast the GY card without paying its cost

Starts at 4

I see what you mean! But I like the concept! (It is nicely balanced) I think because it uses HTML Script you might be able to manually adjust the size of the font. However, I have not tried, as of yet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:38:40 am by Mnemosyne »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:11 pm »

What do you think of this one? I think I'm either having too much fun with this or wasting my time. haha

Edani

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »
Soooo my brain is very much not in a balancing sort of mode, seeing as how I'm still at work & trying to be semi-productive, but here's my shot at this. Elesh is my favorite artwork and one of my absolute favorite characters from MtG. This is playing off what the white faction of the Phyrexians (shut up, spell check, that is SO a word) seem to be motivated by and ultimately try to achieve. It may be broke as junk, but hey, I had fun making it.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »
Soooo my brain is very much not in a balancing sort of mode, seeing as how I'm still at work & trying to be semi-productive, but here's my shot at this. Elesh is my favorite artwork and one of my absolute favorite characters from MtG. This is playing off what the white faction of the Phyrexians (shut up, spell check, that is SO a word) seem to be motivated by and ultimately try to achieve. It may be broke as junk, but hey, I had fun making it.

Haha, not to worry, I like it! I'm not well versed on this particular character, but in all fairness, disregard balance, especially if you enjoyed making it. Though, that being said, the card is not that OP. It's minus loyalty abilities are pretty safe, its +1 power is pretty intense. Evolve  for X turns. If have lots of low-cost creatures, it will can crazy pretty quickly.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 11:27:25 pm »

What do you think of this one? I think I'm either having too much fun with this or wasting my time. haha

i love, love, LOVE, the proliferate.  that is such a cool idea!
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 12:53:57 am »
 :D Thanks! I like coming up with different mechanics! I might start a new post, and have a competition, of sorts.
(Design a Magic Card, with an original mechanic!)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 02:25:12 am »
One more Tamiyo.  ;)