deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Make your own Planeswalker  (Read 3239 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Make your own Planeswalker
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 03:35:32 pm »
The guy who taught me how to play magic also shown me how to make a planeswalker. He has a friend who would do the printing for him. The cards he made of course wasn't legit for magic but for casual play and made for interesting conversation. I never got to the printing aspect because I moved back here to New England but I remember making this planeswalker. I don't remember some of the abilities but I did the best I could. She does have a story behind her as well. She is a planeswalker and was killed by another planeswalker unsurprised she doesn't remember how or when it happened. She didn't completely die and wants to exact revenge apon this planeswalker. She is only spirit form and anybody she comes across she drains life from. She comes across you the player thinking you are this planeswalker and does eventually realize you aren't the one who killed her. So by what little sympathy she has about draining you, she does help you out before dissolving away. She admittingly does need some work but that is what I have :)

A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
The guy who taught me how to play magic also shown me how to make a planeswalker. He has a friend who would do the printing for him. The cards he made of course wasn't legit for magic but for casual play and made for interesting conversation. I never got to the printing aspect because I moved back here to New England but I remember making this planeswalker. I don't remember some of the abilities but I did the best I could. She does have a story behind her as well. She is a planeswalker and was killed by another planeswalker unsurprised she doesn't remember how or when it happened. She didn't completely die and wants to exact revenge apon this planeswalker. She is only spirit form and anybody she comes across she drains life from. She comes across you the player thinking you are this planeswalker and does eventually realize you aren't the one who killed her. So by what little sympathy she has about draining you, she does help you out before dissolving away. She admittingly does need some work but that is what I have :)

Nice back story, I like it!  :) She has some pretty nasty self-harming abilities, you should give her the subtype Emo instead of Spirit haha.
Her last ability is interesting, I take it it's a one time only deal? Pretty much like Yawgmoth's Will, but every graveyard. :o Horrible in a good way.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

Nice back story, I like it!  :) She has some pretty nasty self-harming abilities, you should give her the subtype Emo instead of Spirit haha.
Her last ability is interesting, I take it it's a one time only deal? Pretty much like Yawgmoth's Will, but every graveyard. :o Horrible in a good way.

Yeah one time deal. I didn't have enough characters to explain completely. But first more of why she does what she does. Again looking for the planeswalker who killed her. So anybody she comes across she thinks was the one who killed her. In the player's case it is you. So she asks "were you the one"? You of course are going to answer "one what"?. She says "wrong answer" so she depletes you by taking life and mentally by taking spells. The first ability is because there are others close by which also depletes them mentally but they aren't close enough to get drained physically. She then asks again "are you the one?" and again you are baffled and answer "no". This while agitating her some more she again drains more of you physically and mentally. The second ability comes from her color and she draws the land around you making you feel like it's choking you. She can drain you completely physically if she isn't carefull. Apon inspection she then realizes you aren't the one who did kill her. She then has that empathy and smidgeon of guilt for almost draining you and does help you while you recover physically.

The third ability where she dissipates/destroys is where I ran out of room for the characters. You get to use any mana on the field of whatever color it produces and that much. So a land produces say a blue, you get 1 blue mana. A Sol Ring produces 2 colorless you get 2 colorless to use. Yes you use everything on the battlefield including opponents. So if there are say 10 lands on the field including yours, you get 10 mana to use. You then can cast anything in any graveyard as long as you have that mana to cast it. Any mana left over of course dissipates at the end of the turn. So you have to kinda choose wisely which cards you wish to cast from the graveyards. You have only that much to use, and one must use it wisely.

She leaves you crippled physically but helps you stabilize mentally for her ooops you aren't the one who killed her.

I did forget to mention when I made her it was aimed for multiplayer casual. I didn't know about commander or anything else at the time. So the goal was really for when you started out with 20 life and be drained to about 2 or 3 and then make a comeback which is possible.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:01:12 pm by robort »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 10:11:00 pm »
Yeah one time deal. I didn't have enough characters to explain completely. But first more of why she does what she does. Again looking for the planeswalker who killed her. So anybody she comes across she thinks was the one who killed her. In the player's case it is you. So she asks "were you the one"? You of course are going to answer "one what"?. She says "wrong answer" so she depletes you by taking life and mentally by taking spells. The first ability is because there are others close by which also depletes them mentally but they aren't close enough to get drained physically. She then asks again "are you the one?" and again you are baffled and answer "no". This while agitating her some more she again drains more of you physically and mentally. The second ability comes from her color and she draws the land around you making you feel like it's choking you. She can drain you completely physically if she isn't carefull. Apon inspection she then realizes you aren't the one who did kill her. She then has that empathy and smidgeon of guilt for almost draining you and does help you while you recover physically.

The third ability where she dissipates/destroys is where I ran out of room for the characters. You get to use any mana on the field of whatever color it produces and that much. So a land produces say a blue, you get 1 blue mana. A Sol Ring produces 2 colorless you get 2 colorless to use. Yes you use everything on the battlefield including opponents. So if there are say 10 lands on the field including yours, you get 10 mana to use. You then can cast anything in any graveyard as long as you have that mana to cast it. Any mana left over of course dissipates at the end of the turn. So you have to kinda choose wisely which cards you wish to cast from the graveyards. You have only that much to use, and one must use it wisely.

She leaves you crippled physically but helps you stabilize mentally for her ooops you aren't the one who killed her.

I did forget to mention when I made her it was aimed for multiplayer casual. I didn't know about commander or anything else at the time. So the goal was really for when you started out with 20 life and be drained to about 2 or 3 and then make a comeback which is possible.

It is interesting, would need more revision, as you've said the site does limit the word count in the text. Since she has an element of mana drain to her, do you think she should represent black mana, with her green? As you've mentioned she only has a smidgen of self-guilt haha.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:13:41 pm by Mnemosyne »

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 09:47:27 am »
Dr. Moriarty works better as a planeswalker, or rather, as an anti-planeswalker.  That's what she is, but there was no way to put enough text in there for that.  She is convinced that the planeswalkers are causing a crisis on every world in the multi-verse, and that the only way to stop it from worsening is to stop them.  As their power, and travel, increases, so too does the damage they cause and the ripple effects all across the multi-verse. 

To make it easy for you, it's like she's the first to discover climate change, and its source, and now she has to stop it or die trying.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:56:58 am by Chronologist »

Chronologist

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 10:11:33 am »
Kylie's brother, Kelly, has a much different opinion of things than his sister does.  He understands her fears, but he doesn't share them.  What he does share, however, is a fiercely protective feeling over her.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:12 pm »
Dr. Moriarty works better as a planeswalker, or rather, as an anti-planeswalker.  That's what she is, but there was no way to put enough text in there for that.  She is convinced that the planeswalkers are causing a crisis on every world in the multi-verse, and that the only way to stop it from worsening is to stop them.  As their power, and travel, increases, so too does the damage they cause and the ripple effects all across the multi-verse. 

To make it easy for you, it's like she's the first to discover climate change, and its source, and now she has to stop it or die trying.

I like it, very flavourful, especially since the inherent danger of affecting time and space. She isn't OP because of her Cost/Loyalty. Nice  :)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 05:31:23 am »
A revised version of my Serra, Planeswalker!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 05:11:40 pm »
Ensin before she dies and after she dies.....

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »
Hey, Rob!
I really like the idea of a planeswalker transforming on death, gives so much value!

Is this the updated version of the one you did before, right? The artwork is better! Less blurry.