deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Please check out my investigate Emrakul!  (Read 486 times)

woody_aaron

• Decks
Please check out my investigate Emrakul!
« on: October 06, 2016, 03:14:17 am »
Hi Brains!

Any thoughts on some consistency tips on this will be aaaaaaace!

https://deckstats.net/deck-11303222-b2d85a9ad9468619bea390f1934071ce.html

NJL72413

• Decks
Re: Please check out my investigate Emrakul!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »
If you expect games to go more than 5 turns you can keep Epitaph Golem in your sideboard so that you can put it in against removal based decks. Epitaph Golem allows you recycle cards from your graveyard into your library and then retrieve them with Tamiyo's Journal so that you can replay them. The Epitaph Golem ability only costs 2 mana, so it's pretty efficient at making opponents use their removal on small creatures.
I would keep the counterspells in your sideboard and use them if needed against burn decks and just rely upon your card advantage from Clues to keep you up on creatures and spells.
I'm working on a Mono Blue Mill investigation deck you can check out and read it's description if you want:
https://deckstats.net/decks/74272/580665-mono-blue-mill-combo-possible-/en
Good luck!

ushiikun

• Decks
Re: Please check out my investigate Emrakul!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:12:13 pm »
The first thing I'd look at improving is the mana base by getting the better dual lands in there, so that sometimes they'll come into play untapped.

You on have one Emrakul, and it will reliably be 8 and occasionally 7 to cast. I'd look at changing some of the removal to choking restraints so you can remove their creature, then get that enchantment into the yard to help make casting for 7 a more reliable plan. The backup of using Briarbridge or Journal to put it in play is nice, but you'll lose the cast trigger to take their next turn.