deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I use german Cardnames and picked out some Codepage Conversion bugs ;)  (Read 900 times)

Korr

• Decks
Hi,
i was unhappy that i can't import Cardnames with german special-chars (äöüÄÖÜß).
So i figured out, that the import-function don't support "UTF-8 without BOM" saved files. There are codepage conversion errors results in strange cardnames.

examples:
"Akrobatisches Manöver" get converted to "Akrobatisches Manöver" (english: "Acrobatic Maneuver")
"Ausräuchern" --> "AusrÀuchern" ("Fumigate")

This strange mixed up chars will happen when UTF-8 coded chars will displayed as ANSI coded string ... and/or vise versa
So the code in the backend is currently inconsistent written :/

So i convert my Deckfile to ANSI Codepage and get Cards imported properly with german special-chars.
Now the import is fine ... While I'm in the editing mode of the deck.

--u can also add the german cardnames manually and the next step is reproducible --

With a click on Analyse Deck the next strange behavior will start:

Cards in main- and sideboard-section are translated to english ( it's ok for me )
But please, then translate all sections! ...
in example the Maybeboard still shows the german card-names! (on this step still with proper äöüÄÖÜß special-chars)

With a click on Save Deck the codepage inconsistency will happen again :/ (examples given before)

Maybe u have sometime a bit time to cleanup the code and database setting to always use the same codepages?

Because the Mouseoverdisplay is broken with the "Sorry, Karte nicht gefunden!" Errormessage. (english: Sorry, Card not found!)
Also an automated card translation or search with this wrong chars in the Cardname will fail :/

Hope my description help to improve your awsome work/site.

Greetings
Korr

Nils

• Decks
Re: I use german Cardnames and picked out some Codepage Conversion bugs ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:54 pm »
I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to say that all of these issues should have been fixed over the last few months since I spent some time cleaning up the special character handling for card names!