deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Here Kitty Kitty  (Read 392 times)

iambatmanforever

• Decks
[Modern] Here Kitty Kitty
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:59:58 pm »
Here Kitty Kitty

This deck is focused on creating cheap, yet powerful creatures that can be efficiently buffed. Plays Favored Hoplite, which will grow when targeted and Fleecemane Lion for a mana sink. Also includes a good deal of creature removal and protection spells.

iambatmanforever

• Decks
Re: Here Kitty Kitty - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 12:17:07 am »
So, I'm having some difficulty deciding which cards to keep and which to leave. I've checked out some starting hands and the deck seems to run pretty well, but there are a few cards I'm not sure about. I think that brave the elements is more useful overall than acolyte's reward or hold the line. Would everyone agree with that? Do I even need acolyte's reward or hold the line on my sideboard at all? Second, between loam lion, doomed traveler and Qasali Ambusher, which are best? I really like ambusher, but I like the others too. Unfortunately I can't play all of them and my other cards are too good to get rid of :( Any recommendations?

iambatmanforever

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:10 pm »
Okay. I have now made (for the better I think) significant revisions. I'm not using loam lion, doomed traveler or the Qasali Ambusher. Instead, I'm running Judge's Familiar and Gladecover Scout. I realized that hexproof or a countersell ability was more important for a deck that tries to buff creatures with spells than one or two extra power or toughness. I'm also running Troll Ascetic as another annoying hexproof regenerator. I feel pretty happy with the deck now, but I'm always open to suggestions.

iambatmanforever

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:58:19 pm »
And yet more revisions. I replaced my troll ascetic with loxodon smiter. Ascetic is good, but I like having a 4/4 compared to a 3/2 for damage. Also, an uncounterable creature that discourages people from making me discard cards is awesome. I have enough instants to protect my smiter and at 4/4 he passes the bolt test. Also, Loxodon Smiter helps me get a lot better use out of brave the elements since he's white. That will help me protect him and potentially push through for damage. I also replace temporal isolation with Dromoka's Command. Once again, I really liked isolation, but the command is just so much more versatile. It can function as a pseudo removal while buffing my creatures OR it can counter instant damage OR it can remove a pesky enchantment. Awesome card for most situations in my opinion :)