deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite or Best MTG cards!  (Read 3923 times)

crotch-hoist

• Decks
Re: Favorite or Best MTG cards!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 08:09:52 am »
I'm a Standard player. And Omnath, Locus of Rage is so satisfying when it gets going.

Yeah, I actually use him as a commander, along with cards like Rampaging Baloths, sac-lands, land finding and some mana elves. Since he's quite expensive it takes to turn 6 to cast, but when it starts going, it startsgoing . So lovely!

Maankin

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »
The Timmy in me really loves Akroma, Angel of Wrath, probably the most bad-ass card in magic. No rest. No mercy. No matter what.

Otherwise, I think Intuition may be my favorite card. I like cards that make you puzzle and think.

blueberry314

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »
Coiling Woodworm, Denizen of the Deep (Starter 1999), Elvish Ranger, and Earthcraft have always been close to heart for varying reasons

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
As Commanders, Anafenza the Foremost and Nekusar the Mindrazer are two of my favorites.  Nekusar is so unexpected, and I love seeing my opponents panic any time they have to draw (which is often).  In terms of card wrt, Filigree Familiar.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 04:48:13 pm »
Confusion in the ranks

There has not yet been a word invented to describe the looks I get when I drop that card. In multiplayer, you're guaranteed to get at least one person to scoop and call you a "faggot" for playing it. Love.

Also, Circu, Dimir Lobotomist. Because reasons
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:50:02 pm by Mostlynotgay »
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Kabooki

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 08:57:04 pm »
Some of my favorite cards include:
Annex - I always find it fun to use other peoples resources to aid me in winning the game
Gnaw to the Bone - Definitely shouldn't be a common. It is so good in Pauper.
Wall of Denial - It doesn't win games, but it sure makes you loss slower.
Athreos, God of Passage, Heliod, God of the Sun, Phenax, God of Deception, Thassa, God of the Sea - I really enjoy the flavor of all the god cards.
Greater Auramancy - Because no one likes their stuff to go away.
Aggravated Assault - Mostly because I had a Thraximundar EDH deck with Sword of Feast and Famine

Good times.

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »
Primordial Hydra is my second favorite creature in magic for obvious reasons.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

MTGWarrior

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »
Wow! I didn't mean to start a war about this. I was just curious as to what sort of cards are your favorites. I'm not looking for a killer card that would make me win every time I play.
I myself like cards that changes the game or at least makes it interesting. Kind of like a chess match only with cards.
I like cards that destroy all creatures or all lands. Since I don't have good creatures, I don't care if they're destroyed but for my opponents who have their best creatures out - well let's just say, it pisses them off. It also makes the game longer since essentially it's like starting over again only with less creatures/limited lands. I might not win often but I do have a good defense that keeps me in the game long enough to mess everyone else up who is playing. LOL
BTW - I bought a pack the other day - and found a planeswalker inside - Sorin, Grim Nemesis. I don't know much about him and I'm not sure what card deck he would go good with. If anyone has this card please feel free to tell me if he is any good and what cards works well with him. Thanks.
HAPPY GAME PLAYING!

The Legacy

• The Legacy
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 09:24:42 pm »
There are many good Cards around: Deathrite Shaman, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Liliana of the Veil. I also love Stoneforge Mystic (okay I play Stoneblade^^) and any Chandra because she is my favorite Planeswalker that I made a phone case with her on the back.
For your Sorin Problem.
He is a vampire planeswalker and called Sorin Markov. First mono black later black and white. Also he is called Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and all his abilities are related to create vampire Tokens, buff creature, destruction and playing with life Points. Cards like Anguished Unmaking are telling the plot about Sorin, Innistrad and Avacyn.
I think he is a cool character and planeswalker but now with kaladesh and aether revolt we won't see him since he is home in Innistrad and have less connection to the gatewatch and Jace. Back to the card itself. I'm not an expert for modern or commander but probably playable in commander ? 6 mana is so expensive. There is one Legacy deck which could play him in a green white black list and is called NicFit. The deck plays a unique style which ramps mana with Veteran Explorer and plays around 5-6 Basics. turn 3 a Sorin, Grim Nemesis is brutal for every Opponent and he provides you with card advantage which is always a problem in this deck. In a red version you see Chandra, Flamecaller for a fast clock, card advantage and mass removal.
Sorin, Grim Nemesis is not the best planeswalker and doesn't see any play besides NicFit.
Facebook: facebook.com/neoslegacy
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7NV4hSEjRkH2EPXh2r3KBg?

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 12:59:01 am »
BTW - I bought a pack the other day - and found a planeswalker inside - Sorin, Grim Nemesis. I don't know much about him and I'm not sure what card deck he would go good with. If anyone has this card please feel free to tell me if he is any good and what cards works well with him. Thanks.
HAPPY GAME PLAYING!

Sorin, Grim Nemesis is a good card. It just depends on the type of deck you are using, like everything else.
Sorin is predominantly seen in a Black/White themed deck. (hence the mana cost) Mainly uses control through life-gain/loss
It is a card that is useful late game, it can save you under the right circumstances. Its (+1) ability can do serious damage turn 6/7 if you are using a midrange (high mana cost, slower play deck)
Its (-X) can save you from a threat. When you bring it into play you have the potential to kill a creature with 6 toughness and gain 6 life. Which works well with cards that synergize with life (Serene Steward, Bloodbond Vampire, Defiant Bloodlord, Cliffhaven Vampire, etc)
It's (-9) can flood the board with X (1/1 life-link vampires) that can potentially swarm your opponents, assuming the highest life total = 20, = you have 20 vampires.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:24:37 am by Mnemosyne »

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 01:15:51 am »
Feldon of the Third Path, hands down. I'm an unashamed Vorthos at heart, and I don't think there's another card in magic that combines great design, playability and flavour that oozes out of every single of it's aspects better than the old mage.

Also, Loran's Smile. That sh!t is just plain soul-destroyingly tragic.

soupfly

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 06:17:46 pm »
i always have room for feldon's cane
hecatomb and pestilence are fun too