deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: BW Allies n vampires - Comments  (Read 403 times)

Comment Bot

BW Allies n vampires - Comments
« on: November 29, 2016, 05:22:10 am »
This is the comment topic for BW Allies n vampires.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für BW Allies n vampires.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

SinizeGreywing

• Decks
Re: BW Allies n vampires - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 05:22:15 am »
Take a look at my Black/White Lifegain deck, as your deck looks a lot like mine did when I first started building it and it just slowly transformed from there. One card in particular that I think would work really well in yours is Bloodbond Vampire. With the amount of lifegain you're creating, it becomes a beast in no time. Hope that helps a bit.

stinkerhubbin

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:44:32 am »
Ah nice, thanks! I'm sitting here retweaking as I tap this out, and just tossed in a couple Campaign of Vengeance as well. Looks like I'm on a good path. Need to find some Bloodbond Vampire as well.

Much appreciated!

Discendo

• Decks
Re: BW Lifegain / Lifesteal Deck - Comments
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:39:07 am »
Have you considered Defiant Bloodlord? Very high mana cost, but in those drawn out games, that extra damage can be overwhelming.

stinkerhubbin

• Decks
Re: BW Lifegain / Lifesteal Deck - Comments
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 05:57:12 pm »
That'd be a good one for me to consider and am heavily weighing on picking up Defiant Bloodlord to put in. I'm anxious to take it for a test drive at FNM once the Planeswalkers arrive on my doorstep (my recent tweaks to this deck.)

I'm somewhat new to MTG, and this is the first Standard deck I've attempted to build (if it's not evident from the mishmash of stuff I've got thrown in haha ;)

Discendo

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 12:36:44 pm »
Sweet, best of luck at FNM and hope you have fun.

Just one final card suggestion, something I saw working well at FNM last week. Thalia's Lancers, for 5 mana its a solid creature, but it lets you find a legendary in your deck and put it into your hand. This lets you find Avacyn, Gisela or Bruna, great for getting that combo together. Thalia's Lancer is also surprisingly cheap given how powerful that effect can prove to be.

stinkerhubbin

• Decks
Re: BW Skulk-ish Deck - Comments
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »
Thanks! I missed the last FNM as my wife needed a break from the house and screaming kids haha but this weekend is definitely a go as long as there are no last minute hiccups. I actually have 1 Thalia's Lancers in my binder and have a second on the way. I might stick it in there to replace a couple of relatively useless (without skulk) 2 mana creatures. It ups my curve a bit, but not enough to hurt too badly I don't think. I'll definitely give em a shot though.

I did take my deck as currently revised for a round against one of my coworkers and it performed just how I'd hoped even with having a questionable starting hand and never seeing any of the PWs or powerful creatures emerge. Campaign of Vengeance is turning out to be a nice card, and having two in play - whether or not it's a wise strategic decision - proved very very useful along with my smaller skulk / flying creatures. Ended up changing the focus of my deck and so far, so good. Will have to try a few more games with it and see how well I like its performance as well as get used to it myself.

stinkerhubbin

• Decks
Re: BW "What the Heck am I doing" fun times deck - Comments
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 08:09:12 pm »
I've evolved this deck quite a bit since its humble beginnings and not quite sure where to go with it now. I've shied away from the lifegain/drain bit as a focal point and have included some more slightly threatening creatures such as the Scrapheap Scroungers. Zulaport Cutthroat has become less useful and am wondering if I should scrap the last two and add in a fourth Thraben Inspector and maybe another Bruna (don't currently have another Gisela available) and if cards like Grotesque Mutation are really that useful at this point. Should I focus my instants/sorceries entirely toward removal at this point?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 06:37:10 am »
  I do have an idea that you might want to consider trying. If you go this route it could be profitable to you as far as battle strategy AND life gain goes; zulaport cutthroat has the ability that whenever a creature dies you gain 1/opponent loses 1 right? So why not add Kalastria healer and retreat to emeria. This way as allies enter the field (either as creatures or tokens being produced) you can gain life, and when any of them dies, whether it be through combat or even by flipping avacyn you can gain a whole lot of life and then gain health off of their destruction. It's a solid idea that would keep steady board presence and make life gain a serious factor to be contended with in this deck. Just an idea.