deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aether Revolt Spoilers  (Read 11844 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Aether Revolt Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 05:49:41 am »
Totally agreed Jabilac.

Trophy Mage gains access to so many powerful artifacts & Disallow is such a great card even at 3CMC...it might as well read "oh you wanna do that? nope, it's countered". If only it was 2CMC so it would work with Isochron Scepter.

This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »
Consulate Crackdown would be great if it wasn't an enchantment! I'm sure Standard Colossus artefact decks would plan accordingly for cards like this. (Collective Effort/ Appetite for the unnatural)

I certainly think Trophy Mage is going to be one of the star cards in Aether Revolt. Searching for a card like Foundry Inspector, Heart of Kiran or Cultivator's Caravan is going to be so useful!

I really think that Red/Black arefacts might be a thing. Especially with Scrapheap Scrounger, Yahenni's Expertise, Pia's Revolution, Unlicensed Disintegration, Scrap Trawler and Battle at the Bridge. Can you feel the hate? haha
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:06:13 pm by Mnemosyne »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 06:48:27 am »
Yea, Consulate Crackdown being an enchantment hurts it in EDH as well.

Trophy Mage appears to be the best EDH card so far with all the greatness it can search for (the swords, crucible of worlds, etc.).
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
New card: oath of Ajani

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/aether-revolt/28085-oath-of-ajani

SuperFriends with benefits, apparently. I like it.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »
New card: oath of Ajani

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/aether-revolt/28085-oath-of-ajani

SuperFriends with benefits, apparently. I like it.

mwhaha, love it Ladof! That card is going to be great for planeswalkers, Turn 3 Gideon, Chandra and Tamiyo

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »
I like that card a lot.
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 03:31:08 pm »
Got an email today from WotC with a new spoiler card I haven't seen anywhere else.

Quicksmith Spy 3U 2/3 human artificer

Target artifact gets '(tap) draw a card' for as long as you control Quicksmith Spy.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/email/Uw4Ba8_aer_preview/Tn6Vw24gUi_AER_CardFrame_WAS.jpg?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Aether_Revolt

(Don't know if that link will work. It was generated by the email.)

Also, the other Tezzeret is up. Not overly impressed. His +1 is okay, but the others are meh to me.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/174-aether-revolt

Edit-  as I was typing this, mtgsalvation got.the quicksmith Spy posted
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:32:43 pm by ladof »
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 06:59:48 pm »

Tezzeret, the Conspirator   2UB
Planeswalker - Tezzeret

+1: Create a colorless artifact token named Etherium which has t, sacrifice Etherium token: add one mana of any color into your mana pool.

-2: Target creature gets +X/-X until end of turn which X is the number of artifacts you control.

-7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your combat phase,target artifact you control becomes a 5/5 artifact creature."

Interesting Planeswalker, to say the least, that is cheap to cast at 4cmc.

+1 protects and/or ramps which is nice

-2 The -x toughness makes this primarily a Removal ability that will sometimes be useful to get in extra damage.

-7 (2 turns after its cast) creates a Ensoul Artifact (as long as the translation is accurate) emblem which is nice but also has the chance to do nothing.

Quicksmith Spy is a nice repeatable card draw option for Blue but the 3 toughness is really sad.  I would have rather seen a 1/4 split and turn this into a late game blocker that helps you out tempo your opponent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 12:10:22 am »
Quicksmith Spy is ok but would be a beast if it didn't die to Lightning Bolt.

Tezzeret is kinda ok, but after waiting years for a new one I was kinda hoping for something more.
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:30 am »
Planeswalker - Tezzeret

+1: Create a colorless artifact token named Etherium which has t, sacrifice Etherium token: add one mana of any color into your mana pool.

-2: Target creature gets +X/-X until end of turn which X is the number of artifacts you control.

-7: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your combat phase,target artifact you control becomes a 5/5 artifact creature."

-2 The -x toughness makes this primarily a Removal ability that will sometimes be useful to get in extra damage.

-7 (2 turns after its cast) creates a Ensoul Artifact (as long as the translation is accurate) emblem which is nice but also has the chance to do nothing.

Hey, buddy!

How will the (+1) protect Tezzeret? It's only an artefact, not a creature  :(
Unless you mean to animate it? It gives free mana, but once per turn, and only by the fourth turn. (assuming you aren't using Oath of Ajani)

Its (-2) would be great with cards that generate artefacts like its +1 or Metallurgic Summonings/ Clues (Tamiyo's Journal, etc). Again depends on artefacts in play.

(-7) You're right. It has a chance to do nothing. (dependant on artefacts) However, consider playing Prophetic Prism or Scrapheap Scrounger (2 mana) that potentially becomes a 5/5 with Scrap Trawler allows you to return it if it gets killed, to your hand. Recast Prophetic prism with the token made by Tezzeret, for 1-0 mana, and then get a card advantage.

I don't hate the card, like you said, it is interesting. However, it is no way near as good as the Planeswalkers released in Kaladesh. Even though it comes into play with 5 loyalty It isn't as good as Narset Transcendent with her 6 loyalty for 4 mana! Such a good card that I miss for my Azorius deck! Or Chandra, Torch of Defiance... I really am interested to see if there are more cards which can support these planeswalkers, including Ajani.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 02:57:54 am »
Ok my first creative idea with these spoilers so far. Quicksmith Spy enters the battelfield and instead of paying 2 colorless to crack a clue
"artifact" token one just taps it instead to gain a card. So basically you get a 2/3 body and 2 drawn cards using a clue to tap then pay 2  for 5 mana.
Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Or Tezzeret turning that clue token into a 5/5.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »
Ok my first creative idea with these spoilers so far. Quicksmith Spy enters the battelfield and instead of paying 2 colorless to crack a clue
"artifact" token one just taps it instead to gain a card. So basically you get a 2/3 body and 2 drawn cards using a clue to tap then pay 2  for 5 mana.
Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Or Tezzeret turning that clue token into a 5/5.

Panharmonicon would double the triggers on quicksmith spy for x2 card draw on two different artefacts. =)
I read somewhere, someone comment that Tezzeret's +1 is like "Basically sh**ing lotus petals."

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:59 pm »
Planeswalker - Tezzeret

Hey, buddy!

How will the (+1) protect Tezzeret? It's only an artefact, not a creature  :(
Unless you mean to animate it? It gives free mana, but once per turn, and only by the fourth turn. (assuming you aren't using Oath of Ajani)

Its (-2) would be great with cards that generate artefacts like its +1 or Metallurgic Summonings/ Clues (Tamiyo's Journal, etc). Again depends on artefacts in play.

(-7) You're right. It has a chance to do nothing. (dependant on artefacts) However, consider playing Prophetic Prism or Scrapheap Scrounger (2 mana) that potentially becomes a 5/5 with Scrap Trawler allows you to return it if it gets killed, to your hand. Recast Prophetic prism with the token made by Tezzeret, for 1-0 mana, and then get a card advantage.

I don't hate the card, like you said, it is interesting. However, it is no way near as good as the Planeswalkers released in Kaladesh. Even though it comes into play with 5 loyalty It isn't as good as Narset Transcendent with her 6 loyalty for 4 mana! Such a good card that I miss for my Azorius deck! Or Chandra, Torch of Defiance... I really am interested to see if there are more cards which can support these planeswalkers, including Ajani.

Your correct :(  I read it as an artifact creature.  So its less useful then I had originally thought.  It does help blue get some ramp going and offers mana fixing though not as helpful in the late game.

Your right about not being as strong as other Walkers in Standard now.  It really depends on what will be available in Aether Revolt.  If there is a decent artifact sacrifice/artifacts to graveyard theme going on then his +1 would be more powerful.  Hopefully they give us enough pieces to make that happen :)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 11:36:54 pm »
Your correct :(  I read it as an artifact creature.  So its less useful then I had originally thought.  It does help blue get some ramp going and offers mana fixing though not as helpful in the late game.

Your right about not being as strong as other Walkers in Standard now.  It really depends on what will be available in Aether Revolt.  If there is a decent artifact sacrifice/artifacts to graveyard theme going on then his +1 would be more powerful.  Hopefully they give us enough pieces to make that happen :)

It was an easy mistake to make! I initially thought it was a creature when I read 'Etherium'  :o

I had some thoughts for standard cards that could work with that!

ETB/LTB triggers for artefacts:

Number of artefacts: