deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aether Revolt Spoilers  (Read 11843 times)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: Aether Revolt Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 01:23:27 am »
These two might be in the Kaladesh masterpiece series, but they are also included in the main set. Apparently, just like the Gearhulks.

Planar Bridge is reminiscent of Planar Portal in Invasion *hint hint*

These are two very interesting cards, Planar Bridge is not really suitable for standard play, especially with Aetherworks Marvel or Diabolic Tutor doing what Planar Bridge does at a lower cost. Also, it has nothing on its former Invasion counterpart. (Legendary Parameter)

Paradox Engine is interesting, could make an Izzet control deck with tap triggers go off like crazy. (Dynavolt Tower)

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 01:29:19 am »
When I see Planar Bridge, all I can think of is that Modern Tron just got their Eye of Ugin back. Certainly going to be interesting
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 04:17:31 am »
I believe Paradox Engine will be tested in quite a few of my EDH decks....
This space for rent.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 04:19:10 am »
When I see Planar Bridge, all I can think of is that Modern Tron just got their Eye of Ugin back. Certainly going to be interesting

So we ban a card that lets you SEARCH for a really big permanent, but give you a card that lets you search for, and cheat out, ANY permanent.

Welcome back, Tron.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 02:08:55 pm »
Planar Bridge cost a total of 14 mana to tutor for 1 big creature. That's a lot to pay but agreed the reward on it had better be game ender.
There would have to be one heck of a board stall for me anyway to play this card. I do get that one can ramp into it easily and then drop out "whatever". Everything from Eldrazi's to a Blightsteel
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »
Planar Bridge cost a total of 14 mana to tutor for 1 big creature. That's a lot to pay but agreed the reward on it had better be game ender.
There would have to be one heck of a board stall for me anyway to play this card. I do get that one can ramp into it easily and then drop out "whatever". Everything from Eldrazi's to a Blightsteel

Sure but I'm viewing it as operating similar to Eye of Ugin.  Pay 7 this turn to dig the card out, then pay 7 next turn to play it.  Only here it's pay 6 to put the artifact out, then next turn pay 8 to put out whatever you want.  It's basically a "If you don't destroy this artifact now, I'll probably win the game" button.  And I can definitely see a game going long enough to cast this. 

I fell like this card fits really really nicely into a mono-blue tron deck.  Or any tron deck.  Or any deck that can cheat out artifacts.  Also, Eye of Ugin was just creatures.  Planar Bridge is any permanent.  So have a deck full of one-off insane cards (Omniscience, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, etc.) then just dig it up.  Sac anything to Arcum Dagssum.  Treasure mage it up. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:55:39 pm by Mostlynotgay »
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »
I honestly don't know how I would make that card work in a modern format, as it's not the one I usually play. However, I thought most modern competitive decks rely on fast turn 3/4 plays. So wouldn't Planar Bridge slow down a Tron deck? Storm and Affinity would certainly crush a deck with Planar Bridge in.

I like that the permanent enters the battlefield, however you'll miss out cast triggers triggers, which sucks.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 06:23:32 pm »

The one Asian card is

Peacekeeper Colossus  3
Artifact Vehicle
1W: Another target vehicle you control becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
Crew 4
6/6

As you can see we have a new Mechanic called Revolt and its fairly similar to Raid.  If you had a permanent leave the battlefield before you cast a card with Raid then you will get a bonus effect. Since it only needs a permanent to leave the battlefield there is a lot of synergy between that and Clue Tokens or Tezzeret the Schemer's +1 token.

It also looks like we are going to get a cycle of Expertise cards.  I am excited to see what we will get for the other 3 colors.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 07:09:19 pm »
The Revolt also works with flicker effects, so I think some of those are going to be fairly strong. That Fatal Push should be pretty solid removal for 1. I'm liking Aether Revolt more than Kaladesh so far. Should be interesting in a draft format, too.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 08:01:08 pm »
The Revolt also works with flicker effects, so I think some of those are going to be fairly strong. That Fatal Push should be pretty solid removal for 1. I'm liking Aether Revolt more than Kaladesh so far. Should be interesting in a draft format, too.

Yeah I like Fatal Push myself.  Modern playable from the looks of it.  Kills a lot of relevant creatures all over the place.  Noble Hierarch, Glistener Elf, Dark Confidant, Goblin Guide, Tarmogoyf, Monastery Swiftspear, Death's Shadow, Blighted Agent, Wild Nacatl, Scavenging Ooze, Delver of Secrets, Thing In the Ice all without revolt even activated.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 09:21:17 pm »
More spoilzors

I'm really liking some of these cards, I think some could be manipulated to do some nasty things. (Metallic Mimic) is reminiscent of Adaptive Automaton (Panharmonicon with Metallic Mimic's ETB triggers?) It's like hardened Scales haha.

Greenbelt Rampager I like a lot, haven't seen a good beast since Seige Rhino (1 mana for a 3/4) I like that it has an ETB flicker effect that can trigger other permanents already in play, for example, Aetherstorm Roc.

Greenwheel liberator is okay... I suppose revolt is easy to achieve in Standard play, especially with the clue generation from Tireless Tracker.

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »
Wow some of these are fantastic. Already getting my brew hat on.  The mimic and steamworks brawler actually fit the budget Mardu artificer tribal deck I'm building, absolutely love it.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 09:53:16 pm »
These cards I am really excited for. My creative senses are tingling!

I'm excited for Sram, Senior Edificer, not only for its abilities but because it hints to equipment being useable. Which is great because it means that my Weapons Trainer and Stone Haven Outfitter won't be wasted before I have had a chance to put them in a deck.
But really! An extra draw for casting any vehicle, aura or equipment? Think about a zero drop Bone Saw, or Cathar's Shield. The synergy in this set is amazing.

Sram's Expertise is another interesting card 4 mana for two very potent effects. (3 servo tokens and a 3 mana, free cast) You could potentially have 5 tokens with Servo Exhibition as your 3 mana or less card and then activate Westvale Abbey. Either that or you can use it in a variety of other ways that will make Selesnya tokens playable, especially with Oath of Ajani, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar still Standard legal.

Gonti's Aether Heart is very easy to cast with the amount of cards that lower the costs of colourless spells and the amount of energy generation that is in Kaladesh. I don't think it is as great as Mindslaver but I am trying to think of how I can abuse it with the Eldrazi's return a permanent from exile to the graveyard. Extra turns are always nice.  ;)

Addendum: I've seen Peacekeeper Colossus, as well as Consulate Dreadnaught and I can see some amazing synergy there. You don't need to crew Consulate Dreadnaught, just activate Peacekeeper Colossus 's ability (1W) and Crew 6 for basically nothing, allowing you potentially play Consulate Dreadnaught (7/11) on turn 4/5

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 10:44:50 pm »
Metallic Mimic is going to look good in every single one of my EDH decks. Quite a few of my Modern and Standard decks, too.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 11:27:49 pm »
I have a rules question on metallic mimic.  So you have panharmonicon in play and mimic enters the battlefield.  You get two triggers and name dwarf and artificer.  You then cast a dwarf artificer, so do you get only 2 +1+1 counters or 4