deckstats.net

Author Topic: Database update completed  (Read 748 times)

Nils

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 732
  • Karma: 176
  • <admin>
    • View Profile
  • Decks
Database update completed
« on: January 05, 2017, 02:34:08 pm »
I updated the database behind DeckStats.net today, which should improve speed and reliability a bit. Since this involved some changes to the database structure there is a chance it may have temporarily broken a feature somewhere. I already tested all major functionality and everything seemed to work fine, but if you encounter any errors or weird results in the next few days, please let me know!

ladof

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
  • Karma: 161
    • View Profile
  • Decks
Re: Database update completed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:22:33 am »
Thanks for all the hard work, Nils. Appreciate it!
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

k7avenger

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 7
    • View Profile
  • Decks
Re: Database update completed
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:30 pm »
I'm not sure if this is related to the changes you have made, but I just noticed last night that an older build of one of my decks is appropriately recognized as modern by the site, while a newer build is being recognized as legacy.  The difference seems to be coming from which version of Aether Vial the site is pulling.  Is there anything I can do to correct this?  Below are the links for reference.

https://deckstats.net/decks/33741/594905-esper-spirits/en

https://deckstats.net/decks/33741/644952-esper-spirit-tempo/en
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:21:35 pm by k7avenger »

Nils

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 732
  • Karma: 176
  • <admin>
    • View Profile
  • Decks
Re: Database update completed
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 05:03:57 pm »
Thank you for letting me know about this. While this wasn't caused by the database update, it was related to some other changes I also recently made to the card database. There is a lot of weird issues about how we handle cards with the "Æ" ligature in them since they are officially spelled with "Æ" but most people use "AE" instead. And now recently Wizards seems to have started using "AE" for some cards, which lead to some inconsistencies.

This should hopefully be fixed now though, so both of your decks should show up as modern again!