deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question  (Lida 1215 vezes)

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question
« em: Janeiro 10, 2017, 09:08:36 pm »
I am currently making a Geist of Saint Traft deck, with 4x Geists, 4x Moonsilver Spear, 4x Invocation of Saint Traft, Dovin Baan, etc. The deck's color identity is Bant, but there is only 5-9 Green cards, so I was thinking of just taking out the green and making it Azorius. What are your opinions concerning color and what cards do you think I should add into the deck? Cards should preferably be less than $10.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question
« Responder #1 em: Janeiro 10, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
Definitely Steel of the GodheadAdarkar Valkyrie would be another.  Guiding Spirit.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Responder #2 em: Janeiro 23, 2017, 11:47:03 pm »
Green is worth having around for Mana dork, especially Noble Hierarch. Being able to go T1 Noble, T2 Geist, T3 Steel of the Godhead is pretty much game over for almost any deck. green also gives Unflinching Courage (basically extra copies of Steel of the Godhead). You can even live the dream and go:
T1 Noble
T2 Geist
T3 Steel of the Godhead, Swing for 9 (because of exalted trigger)
T4 Unflinching Courage (or another Steel of the Godhead, or 2 more Nobles), Swing for 11, win.

Realistically, Man dorks, Unflinching courage, Gavony Township, and Dryad Arbor (to get around sacrifice effects) are the big reasons to keep green, and frankly, the possibility of a turn 2 Geist is good enough to justify green to me
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

synthetic

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Janeiro 27, 2017, 08:36:43 pm »
I really liked this thread and it got me thinking about this deck.

I kept playing with putting green in the deck like you said @kourinick , but i just felt like i was building it play the 3 turn game, and it just wasn't balancing right for me...

as i kept looking through cards i kept seeing some really cool synergy with those white/blue dual cards...

Thoughts?  improvements?

https://deckstats.net/decks/65550/656049-when-the-saints-go-marching-in

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Responder #4 em: Janeiro 27, 2017, 10:26:08 pm »

Thoughts?  improvements?

https://deckstats.net/decks/65550/656049-when-the-saints-go-marching-in

Azorius is a great color combo if you want to stick with more of a control theme, and all the synergy you have makes for some really powerful plays.
As for improvements it really depends if you want to be more of a tempo deck or an all in control deck.

Ojutai's Command is perfect for the control route, as it will bring back most of the creatures in the deck, and all the modes are useable. Other control-ish cards would be Meddling Mage, Cryptic Command, mana leak, and Detention Sphere.

Spell Queller would be the best card to go with for a tempo style. Queller is evasive, blocks well, and slows down your opponent by at least a turn. Other Tempo cards would be things like Remand, Selfless Spirit, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, and Mausoleum Wanderer.

Hope you find this helpful! Good luck :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Janeiro 27, 2017, 11:49:37 pm »
I am currently making a Geist of Saint Traft deck, with 4x Geists, 4x Moonsilver Spear, 4x Invocation of Saint Traft, Dovin Baan, etc. The deck's color identity is Bant, but there is only 5-9 Green cards, so I was thinking of just taking out the green and making it Azorius. What are your opinions concerning color and what cards do you think I should add into the deck? Cards should preferably be less than $10.

As explained by KouriNick, green is in Bant identity for the ramp.
If you're planning to stick to a budget deck, you'll need Birds of Paradise (x4), Utopia Sprawl, and some other mana dork like Arbor Elf/Llanowar Elves/Elvish Mystic.
If the deck is not meant for competition, those should suffice with mana adjustments and ramp.
If the deck IS meant for a competitive environment, get those Hierarchs.

I would remove those Moonsilver spear, you already got 4x Geist and 4x Invocation of Saint Traft, 4 mana for casting and another 4 for equipping is too much.
Think about Reflector Mage and Spell Queller.

My main competitive deck is actually similar to what you're aiming for: https://deckstats.net/decks/68708/551025-tamiyo-bant/it
« Última modificação: Janeiro 28, 2017, 12:28:59 am por Lyonsbane »

crimsonking

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Janeiro 31, 2017, 10:04:19 pm »
My personal advise would be to add black instead of green and let Zur the Enchanter join the party!
In fact, I have already built myself a deck like that, here is the list:
https://deckstats.net/decks/54477/385283-zur-s-deck
Ok, it's a Legacy list, so no Force of Will, no Brainstorm, no CounterTop, but you can still keep Zur, Saint Traft, Shadowmage Infiltrator and Meddling Mage.
Think of this toolbox:
Detention Sphere
Steel of the Godhead
Invocation of Saint Traft