Magic Deck Statistics

Author Topic: Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question  (Read 69 times)

Epic_Gamer36

• "Everybody but meā€”CHARGE!"
    • View Profile
  • My Decks
Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:08:36 PM »
I am currently making a Geist of Saint Traft deck, with 4x Geists, 4x Moonsilver Spear, 4x Invocation of Saint Traft, Dovin Baan, etc. The deck's color identity is Bant, but there is only 5-9 Green cards, so I was thinking of just taking out the green and making it Azorius. What are your opinions concerning color and what cards do you think I should add into the deck? Cards should preferably be less than $10.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

Firegriff

• View Profile
  • My Decks
Re: Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:23:17 PM »
Definitely Steel of the GodheadAdarkar Valkyrie would be another.  Guiding Spirit.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
    • View Profile
  • My Decks
Re: Geist of Saint Traft (Modern) Color Question
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »
Green is worth having around for Mana dork, especially Noble Hierarch. Being able to go T1 Noble, T2 Geist, T3 Steel of the Godhead is pretty much game over for almost any deck. green also gives Unflinching Courage (basically extra copies of Steel of the Godhead). You can even live the dream and go:
T1 Noble
T2 Geist
T3 Steel of the Godhead, Swing for 9 (because of exalted trigger)
T4 Unflinching Courage (or another Steel of the Godhead, or 2 more Nobles), Swing for 11, win.

Realistically, Man dorks, Unflinching courage, Gavony Township, and Dryad Arbor (to get around sacrifice effects) are the big reasons to keep green, and frankly, the possibility of a turn 2 Geist is good enough to justify green to me
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.