deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Paradox Engine combo question  (Read 565 times)

michaeldckmn

• Decks
Paradox Engine combo question
« on: January 24, 2017, 11:29:05 pm »
I just bought a couple of Paradox Engine cards and want to include it into my green/blue energy deck.  If I have a card like Consulate Turret, does this combo give me infinite energy?

The question I feel like I have is "what defines a spell"?  is it something that cost mana?  is it something the player could block?  I have tried looking a solid definition on the internet, but I still feel confused.

Please help.

Kaba

• Decks
Re: Paradox Engine combo question
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:55:03 pm »
A spell is only a card you cast from your hand. (excepting lands)

To cast "free" spells, you can give a look to greenbelt rampager with servant of the conduit.
You pay 1 erngy to generate a green mana, then cast greenbelt rampager, which will activate paradox engine et returns back into your hand so that you can cast it again. ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:59:00 pm by Kaba »

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:24:24 am »
Greenbelt Rampager states if you can't pay, return to hand.  If you can, I think you have to pay.

Kaba

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:24 am »
That is why you need to pay 1E with the servant of the conduit so that you have only 1E left and greenbelt rampager bounces back.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:46 pm »
Not infinite energy then.  But could be useful for when you have a tap ability on other creatures or artifacts like Endbringer or cultivator's caravan.