deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tezzeret's Improvise - Comments  (Read 467 times)

Comment Bot

Tezzeret's Improvise - Comments
« on: January 25, 2017, 11:43:29 pm »
This is the comment topic for Tezzeret's Improvise.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Tezzeret's Improvise.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

NormalAnomaly

• Decks
Re: Tezzeret's Improvise - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 11:43:34 pm »
I tried building a similar deck, I think the problem with adding janky artifacts and improvise spells is that there are many ways to get really bad hands.  Some hands will be great, but I think too many will be nonsense for an extremely competitive environment.  I'm still not sure how to construct a fully competitive Tezzeret deck.
JW

DaYega

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:00:38 pm »
Yes, I'm aware of bricky hands. However, I think they don't usually get so bricky. I consider an acceptable hand one that has a Herald of Anguish with some artifacts, a Tezzeret's Touch with enough mana and at least one artifact, a Reverse Engineer for which I have enough artifacts, or a Metallic Rebuke to counter some early powerful spells with something else to resist. Those are 16 cards with some play conditions that can make your hand good enough.
However, I agree with you that this deck has a problem not in sinergy and power (because most of the cards are well put together), but more in consistency and variety of options you have to play, as you'll get some "bricky hands" like you said.

Thanks for your comment, and don't hesitate telling me any good combo you think that could be used in this deck or any card changes.

NormalAnomaly

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:28 am »
In my opinion, the artifacts you play have to be good on their own, to make the deck more consistent.  In my blue-black walkers deck on here, i use animation module with metallic mimic and walking ballista.  The combination of those three artifacts is great, they are all good on their own and can cause major damage together.  Name servo on mimic and create a bunch of 2/2's with animation module.  I also added heart of kiran to my build, because it is just a boss card, and to fuel it i put some liliana's, syndicate traffickers which work well with animation module, and scrap trawler to help get back artifacts.  I just think that the deck needs to work well without relying so heavily on improvise cards.  Then the deck would be more consistent.  Also, i'd seriously consider spire of industry in an artifact deck, and i'd also run more artifacts than 15 if you have 16 improvise spells.  Just some thoughts :)
JW

DaYega

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:44 am »
I would include Spire of Industry for sure, but I don't have them, and they are around 2€ each. On the other hand, I already have Tezzeret. The Servo combo you suggested could go really well in an alternative deck I thought apart from this one, that uses blue, black, and white, because white has some cards that let you spawn servo tokens, and then I can buff them as you said. I think I'll upload it too.
What happens with Spire of Industry happens again with Heart of Kiran, Walking Ballista and Liliana. Too expensive, but of course, use them if you have them (specially Walking Ballista, it's a great stuck-mana user).
However, I don't think Scrap Trawler would be useful here, because most artifacts are 0 mana and also go back to my hand with Tezzeret's Touch.

Again, thank you for your tips!

kfshradio

• Discord: kfshradio#6677. Play me on Cockatrice
    • steam
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 09:46:07 am »
Here's my suggestion: go Esper for Sram, Senior Edificer. Straight value off your 0-drops and Tezzeret's Touch, and there are probably some other toys that I can't think of right now.

Also, i think having more removal would be cool, since a lot of standard decks are going wide right now. Yahenni's Expertise is sick in this deck as you can wipe the board then cast a Tezzeret's Touch for free on your bone saw then swing into an empty board for 5.

cool list though!

DaYega

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
Wonderful ideas! I think I'll include both cards in the deck. I specially love Sram in this deck. I'll try it out and then change the deck if I find it useful.

fitochiaripty

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 05:19:25 am »
Hi NormalAnomaly, did you send me your updated deck with your modification
Thanks

musicjohn88

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »
i played a deck with the same concept for awhile. I threw in mechanized production in case it went to a long game. Get tezzerets emblem and then make free 5/5's with mechanized production.