deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New Set ideas  (Read 691 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
New Set ideas
« on: January 31, 2017, 06:11:33 am »
What are some ideas you would like to see for future sets?  I would love to see an aquatic themed world with pirates, floating lands, and ships.  Ships would have base stats increased by each creature tapped to 'crew' it (attack and defense raised by the creatures' attack and defense).  Have tribes in each of the basic colors (black zombie/skeletons, red vampires/goblins, green elves/faeries, white humans/dwarves, blue merfolk/wizards).  Equipment would definitely work well into the theme.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: New Set ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:57:30 pm »
Hey, I like this idea a lot. I miss heavy tribal themes, and love the idea of color-shifting Faeries into Green. IT would fit flavor nicely, and give a lot of sweet new interactions and options. Opening up green could also make Modern BUG Faeries a thing, which would be sweet!

As for what I'd like to see, on a pure "card" level, I'd like to see the enemy colored Command cards (ex: Atarka's Command, Dromoka's Command, Kolaghan's Command, but in the enemy colors R/W, G/U, B/W, G/B, R/U). I just think finishing the cycle could add a lot of power to decks that are close to existing as is.

on a more Flavorful level, I'd love a proper Angels vs. Demons block. G/W angels and R/B Demons, with blue playing both sides. I'm talking cheap costed angels and support, and cheap demons with amazing stats but real downsides. I miss the aspect of magic where the most powerful cards had downsides you had to work around, rather than the "Battlecruiser" style the top end has had lately.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: New Set ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 05:15:31 am »
So with Ixalan released, just thought I would say certainly not what I was thinking when I said I'd like ab aquatic pirate world.  Love the storyline interactions between Jace and Vraska, but they could probably have done more with the tribes.  Hope the next block really brings out the tribes more.