deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Angels and Infantry: Red/White Aggro Angels and Soldiers  (Read 294 times)

DaGamesta

• Decks
Angels and Infantry: Red/White Aggro Angels and Soldiers

This deck focuses on building up low-mana creatures on your side of the battlefield, then buffing them up with power boosts and extra abilities. For good measure, there is also cards that deal with removal and/or ensure that your attacks go through, dealing a lot of damage with minimal interference early on. Later in the game, however, you can cast the powerful angels in the deck, each with its own great effect. For example, Exquisite Angel essentially makes it so that you can't lose the game while you have her on the field. As a final side note, many of the creatures in this deck have flying, including the angels, so many of your attacks are likely to go through.

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Angels and Infantry: Red/White Aggro Angels and Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:49:50 pm »
Hello.

So first off, I like the idea of your deck! I enjoy looking at Angel lists.

Now, as a general rule, most decks like to have multiple copies of the same card, so your chances of drawing one increases. Having a deck be consistent in its play style is good. I would suggest looking at the cards you think best fit your deck and make cuts from there.

Anyway, a few cards can be upgraded. Aside from one card, your deck isn't able to take advantage of the Madness, and for this reasons Fiery Temper can switched. For a direct damage spell, Lightning Bolt is king. You won't have to use three mana to use one either, giving you more mana to cast other spells. Immolating Glare is specific in when it can be used, which can get in the way sometimes. Path to Exile can be used at any point, and is cheaper to cast. Angelic Purge runs into issues with having to lost a permanent. For creature removal, again Path to Exile is better. For enchantment or artifact removal, you could include Disenchant.

Exquisite Angel is a nice card. However, to get a real you can't lose effect, Platinum Angel will do just that. It doesn't require any specific mana to cast, and while it has lower toughness and strength, it is more likely to come in handy.

As you mentioned you want your attacks to go through, Skullcrack might be nice. Rogue's Passage might be nice as well.

At this point, I don't know how much money you are willing to spend, or how much you want to change. Hopefully though, you like some of my suggestions. Happy deck building!
Symmetrical effects are fair.

DragonRaiser

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Angels and Infantry: Red/White Aggro Angels and Soldiers
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:29:28 am »
Hi there!
The first thing I thought while looking at your deck is that you only have two soldier types. Not a bad thing, I was just expecting more because of the name. I would suggest really looking at your angels to evaluate their worth for the cost; and also looking at your cheaper creatures to work on making them better cohesive with each other.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

DaGamesta

• Decks
Re: Angels and Infantry: Red/White Aggro Angels and Soldiers - Comments
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 12:10:48 am »
Thank you both for your advice, I really appreciate your constructive criticisms of this deck. To DragonRaiser, sorry about the lack of soldiers, I just didn't know exactly how to describe it, but looking back at it scouts would have been a better word. To both of you (slightly more toward Warden of Silence), I will think about your suggestions but I am sort of a new player and I am working with what I can get, especially since where I get my cards sells mainly the newest sets. I get that my deck could use some work and as I find better cards that suit the deck I'll be sure to improve upon it. Again, thanks so much for your helpful comments!