deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aether Revolt Game Day Weekend  (Read 1303 times)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Aether Revolt Game Day Weekend
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:55:55 am »
Guys, it's that time of year again, when we discover how each of us did in the Standard GD event.

Did you come in the Top 8? we'd like to know how your match-ups went!

Personally, I did better than I had expected. I hadn't brought the correct deck with me, as the accursed boxes were the same colour.

I used an archetype that isn't currently in the Standard Meta (G/R Eldrazi Ramp)
I came 4th (2/2/1/0) I was forced to concede in the playoffs due to it being 11 pm GMT

The current GP Meta is Mardu Vehicles and B/G Counters with Jund Energy. 3 decks of the 11 that were played were of this type.
I competed against a G/R Pummeler Energy deck, a Mono-White Human Tribal, A U/R Dynavolt with Torrential Gearhulk and B/W tokens deck which was the only deck type I lost to. (Marionette Master/Hidden Stockpile is a combo to be feared)

The playoffs consisted of G/B counters deck which I had won, could have swung in with Ulamog, two World Breakers and a Reality Smasher, but granted the opponent the win. (Had to get home fast)

Kozilek's Return is a card that cannot be underestimated in Standard, despite not being played, due to lack of Eldrazi in the current meta it is still applicable as a 'wrath' with token generation, as seen in the Aether Revolt set.
Tireless Tracker and Sylvan Advocate did the heavy lifting allowing me to enter the late game, the use of Oblivion Sower, Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Hedron Archive excelled at allowing me to bring out World Breaker/Combustible Gearhulk earlier.

Let me know how it went for you!  :)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:00:26 am by Mnemosyne »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: Aether Revolt Game Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:36 pm »
No one went to Game Day this time around?  :(

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:42:45 am »
No one went to Game Day this time around?  :(

Unfortunately I was out of town for work and couldn't find a game shop where I was at. Glad to hear your Game Day went well though! :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:22:55 am »
  I couldn't go either. Got caught up at work and other personal matters..... (no neck biting was involved though).

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:44 pm »
Unfortunately I was out of town for work and couldn't find a game shop where I was at. Glad to hear your Game Day went well though! :)

That's a shame, guys! I didn't do as well as I wanted, but better than I expected. I had initially wanted to play my Bant Humans deck (without reflector mage...) But I had left it at home, I had two decks that were in the experimental stage, and I couldn't legitimately play them if I wanted to be in the top 8. So, here's hoping for next time.  :)

A lot of experienced net deckers come down to my FNM/GD events so you need to be sharp.  :-\

What decks would you have played?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:10:15 am »
I wanted to play my G.E deck but unfortunately the snow from previous day had kept me in, but hey there is always next time
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:28:07 am »
   Right now I'm in the process of making a U/B aetherborn rouge deck. I'm shaping it up right now but the concept seems pretty good. Evasive game play and utilizing recursion and creatures that either keep coming back or benefit when they die. It should be good, i'd appreciate any advice once i get it up.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 10:22:14 pm »
   Right now I'm in the process of making a U/B aetherborn rouge deck. I'm shaping it up right now but the concept seems pretty good. Evasive game play and utilizing recursion and creatures that either keep coming back or benefit when they die. It should be good, i'd appreciate any advice once i get it up.

Yes, of course, always willing to suggest something.  :) I've been waiting for someone to make a decent aetherborn tribal deck!

I wanted to play my G.E deck but unfortunately the snow from previous day had kept me in, but hey there is always next time

Always another chance, Rob!  :D