deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rules Question: Avatar of the Resolute AND Evolve  (Read 410 times)

gr1su

• Decks
Rules Question: Avatar of the Resolute AND Evolve
« on: February 14, 2017, 12:05:45 pm »
Lets say, in turn 1 I play "Experiment One". What happens in turn 2 when I play "Avatar of the Resolute"?

When ETB trigger, "Experiment One" evolves and gets a +1/+1 counter, but what happens with "Avatar of the Resolute"?

"Avatar of the Resolute" has an official ruling:
"When determining how many +1/+1 counters Avatar of the Resolute enters the battlefield with, don’t count any creatures entering the battlefield at the same time, even if those creatures enter the battlefield with +1/+1 counters on them."

In my case "Experiment One" is already on the battlefield but has no counters yet. Does "Avatar of the Resolute" enter the battlefield with or without a +1/+1 counter?

Thanks for clarification
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:09:00 pm by gr1su »

DesolateVenom

• Decks
Re: Rules Question: Avatar of the Resolute AND Evolve
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:34:13 pm »
In this case,  Avatar would not receive an additional counter via the counter being added to Experiment one.  When avatar enters,  he get get a counter from experiment one if one already exists.  But as Avatar enters and resolves onto the battlefield,  that is when experiment one would get his additional counter,  thus it being too late for Avatar to get the extra one as it had already resolved onto the field triggering Experiment one's counter.   So No extra counter for Avatar.
Death preys on the weak.  Stay strong my fellow Planeswalkers!

gr1su

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 05:43:23 pm »
Thanks for the answer. This is what I expected but the additional ruling on Avatar created some doubts.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:52:24 pm »
Not a problem, glad I was able to help.
Death preys on the weak.  Stay strong my fellow Planeswalkers!