deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Allies or GTFO  (Read 600 times)

LussierJacques

• Decks
[Modern] Allies or GTFO
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:34 pm »
Allies or GTFO

Playing with my friends I feel like this deck as a lot of potentiel, but i'm looking to make it as efficient as possible.

So any help with that or any constructive comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!

DemonQQ

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Allies or GTFO
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »
This deck is not modern legal!!!!!!!!!!

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:45 am »
Swords to Plowshares is not modern legal. I'll take a look later to see if I have any suggestions for improvement, but if you want a modern deck, those need to be switched.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:28:17 am »
Personally, I like Halimar Excavator over the Shapeshifter. It gives you an entirely different win condition without really changing the function of the deck.

Considering how low your overall CMC is for the deck, you could axe green entirely. You could replace Harahan druid with either Ondu Cleric, Makindi Patrol or Kor Bladewhirl for different effects. You could replace the enchantment with another one; retreat to Emeria. Dropping green could also free up the mana base to run Evolving Wilds, which you can use on your opponent's turn with Retreat to trigger your allies.

There's a lot of things you could change Swords to Plowshares with. Path to Exile does a similar function, but they're pricey.

Just a few suggestions.

LussierJacques

• Decks
Re: Allies or GTFO - Comments
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 06:28:01 am »
Really appreciate the feedback thanks! We play casual so i'm not concerned about Swords to Plowshares being modern illegal.

ladof, I really like the idea of Retreat to Emeria, Makindi Patrol and Kor Bladewhirl, without any green, i'll playtest it.

Altough, I'm afraid Evolving Wilds is a bit to slow, considering I want to be as aggro as I can. Let's see if Retreat to Emeria can be as efficient whitout it, if not, I might include 2.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:15:45 pm »
Well, if you're willing to spend a bit, flooded strand into hallowed fountain is a good blue-white land combo. I suggested evolving Wilds because it's cheap and your mana costs aren't high. You actually wouldn't want them early, they'd be for late game combat tricks on your opponent's turn (oryours, if you didn't hit a land drop and need to trigger.)