deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern][Competitive]Tamiyo Bant  (Read 1154 times)

Lyonsbane

• Decks
[Modern][Competitive]Tamiyo Bant
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »
Hello there fellow Mtg players, today I would like to know that do you think about my competitive Bant deck.
First off, it's the deck I woud like to play at local tournaments and second, my budget is basically limitless, so don't be afraid to suggest expensive cards.
Way to improve it (extended explaination in the deck)?

http://deck.tk/4TGc5Su5

Staple card (aka "cards I'll never cut):
Geist of Saint Traft
Noble Hierarch
Birds of Paradise
Voice of Resurgence
Spell Queller
Collected Company
Tamiyo, Field Researcher
Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Useful, but replaceable cards (usually by sideboard, depending on matchup):
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
- Mana Leak
- Qasali Pridemage
- Reflector Mage
- Scavenging Ooze

The deck is played ala Jund: disrupt opponent's plan with counters and spot removal, while bashing him with a good beater.
I play almost everything in 3x because everything is useful, but nothing is important for winning.
This gave me a lot more freedom in cards allotment, which risulted into a more diverse card pool useful in every situation.

The matchup are quiete positive, with almost every matchup being a 50% chance to win, and once you can sideboard the Meddling Mage in, combo decks are usually dead and done.
It suffers a little against hyper aggro deck like elves or affinity (again sidebord does wonders).

Toughts?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:41:33 pm by Lyonsbane »

Hands87

• Decks
Re: [Modern][Competitive]Tamiyo Bant
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
Hello!

First of all, you can ordenate your deck on kind of cards, so you can have a better overview.

About the deck, congratulations to try this underrated archetype! I'm a big fan of this "shard" and I've been trying to build a competitive deck.

Things I don't have clear (it's just my opinion):
- The strategy of "ala Jund" it's not very specific, I understand how Jund play, but I think Bant doesn't have enough resources to play like this.
- The amount of cards you play. I think this variety makes impossible for you to play similar strategies each play. So it's very difficult to learn how to exploit your deck on it's high level.

For me the hardest part of Magic it has been to understand which kind of player I am. Now I know, I achieve to build "the best deck for me", with a specific strategy.

I hope I helped you, and I will read what do you think about what I said.
Have good games!

Hands

(Sorry of my english)

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »
Hello!

First of all, you can ordenate your deck on kind of cards, so you can have a better overview.

About the deck, congratulations to try this underrated archetype! I'm a big fan of this "shard" and I've been trying to build a competitive deck.

Things I don't have clear (it's just my opinion):
- The strategy of "ala Jund" it's not very specific, I understand how Jund play, but I think Bant doesn't have enough resources to play like this.
- The amount of cards you play. I think this variety makes impossible for you to play similar strategies each play. So it's very difficult to learn how to exploit your deck on it's high level.

For me the hardest part of Magic it has been to understand which kind of player I am. Now I know, I achieve to build "the best deck for me", with a specific strategy.

I hope I helped you, and I will read what do you think about what I said.
Have good games!

Hands

(Sorry of my english)

Band has enough resources to duplicate jund playstile, just in a "non lethal" way.

Jund simply aim to destroy everything you play, while beating you down with cheap yet efficient beaters (tarmo, ravine).
We don't have the same options in Bant, because of the philosophy behind the three colors.

Spell Queller acts as both an evasive attacker and a Mana Leak, Reflector Mage buys a lot of time (since the opponent can't play the same card till next out turn), Mana Leak is, well, mana leaking spells, Path to Exile removes threats, Qasali Pridemage to selectively deal with artifacts and enchantment.
So we have 15 between counters/removal to use.

We have some elusive creatures (Kira, Great Glass Spinner , Spell Queller, the angel token) that can beat up the opponent with some exalted backup, and some tought beaters (Geist of Saint Traft, Brimaz, King of Oreskos) to pressure the opponent.

And we can make some sweet plays via Collected Company (exiling wraths with Queller, putting a Voice of Resurgence in when the opponent casts a spell during our turn, bouncing back things with Reflector Mage during battle, etc...).

We however miss some hand disruption, which can be "replicated" (sort of) by Vendilion Clique.

Jund simply packs more removal, while having less creatures.

For the consistency, I can assure that the deck works out smooth and rarely blocks.
Packing so many versatile spells that can be played via Collected Company gives you an element of surprise and the tools to resolve basically almost every situation.
Also remember that the deck has not a combo strategy, but an aggro/tempo one, hinder opponent while bashing him hard.
You don't need that Noble Hierarch much if you find a Birds of paradise, or that Geist if you put down a Brimaz.

However, I was thinking about a jolly card to play instead of a creature.
Maybe Rancor is what I'm needing since it's basically impossible to get rid off.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:57:59 pm by Lyonsbane »

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »
Hey,  Looking over your deck I think I agree with Hands87 on your deck type.  I don't see this as Bant "Jund" I see it as a Bant CoCo/Chord of Calling deck.  You are hoping to flood the board with value creatures using CoCo to maximize your mana efficiency.

I think you are overlooking some of the creatures that make those lists great though. Tarmogoyf, Kitchen Finks, Eternal Witness, and Reclamation Sage in traditional decks and Phantasmal Image or Vendilion Clique in blue.

Also you are sitting at around 21 creatures.  You should consider pushing that up to 24-30 to maximize your CoCo casts and make sure you always catch 1 creature, usually catch 2, and always come up ahead on mana cost... The only thing that sux worse then a wiffed CoCo is only getting a mana bird out of it.

You might also find some value out of Chord of Calling itself.  Its an instant speed tutor with convoke... doesn't get much better then that in a creature filled aggro deck :)

And we can make some sweet plays via Collected Company (exiling wraths with Queller, putting a Voice of Resurgence in when the opponent casts a spell during our turn, bouncing back things with Reflector Mage during battle, etc...).

To be kinda picky Voice of Resurgence has a cast trigger, so by the time you respond to your opponent's spell with Collected Company the time for that trigger to have happened has already passed.  The same can be said for a Kira, Great Glass-Spinner and her counter ability.

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 07:38:15 pm »
Hey,  Looking over your deck I think I agree with Hands87 on your deck type.  I don't see this as Bant "Jund" I see it as a Bant CoCo/Chord of Calling deck.  You are hoping to flood the board with value creatures using CoCo to maximize your mana efficiency.

I think you are overlooking some of the creatures that make those lists great though. Tarmogoyf, Kitchen Finks, Eternal Witness, and Reclamation Sage in traditional decks and Phantasmal Image or Vendilion Clique in blue.

Also you are sitting at around 21 creatures.  You should consider pushing that up to 24-30 to maximize your CoCo casts and make sure you always catch 1 creature, usually catch 2, and always come up ahead on mana cost... The only thing that sux worse then a wiffed CoCo is only getting a mana bird out of it.

You might also find some value out of Chord of Calling itself.  Its an instant speed tutor with convoke... doesn't get much better then that in a creature filled aggro deck :)

To be kinda picky Voice of Resurgence has a cast trigger, so by the time you respond to your opponent's spell with Collected Company the time for that trigger to have happened has already passed.  The same can be said for a Kira, Great Glass-Spinner and her counter ability.

I was thinking about cutting off mana leak entirely and replace it with another spell queller and maybe an eternal witness/phantasmal image.

You're right about the trigger timing, tho.
An unexcusable error from my part.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
I'd consider moving Mana Leak to the sideboard but maybe Negate would be better for you?  Depends on what you want to take care of though.

I like Phantasmal Image in this kind of deck personally.  Almost unlimited uses but sometimes its a dead card. 

I also like Duskwatch Recruiter.  It is a 2/2 for 2cmc, Flips to make creatures cheaper to cast, and has a good mana sink that can find you more gas when needed.

Eternal Witness would be a great card to come out of the sideboard to combat discard effects or just to get extra uses out of CoCo.

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar could be useful in this deck.  Untouchable anthem, Indestructible creature, or Unlimited tokens seems like a great backup plan.  Unfortunately it would take the spot of Elspeth, Knight-Errant and that is one of your Core Cards.

I almost forgot Troll Ascetic, kind of a baby Thrun, the Last Troll, could be useful as well.  Hexproof and Regenerate is a nasty combo on a creature.

Hands87

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 12:29:24 am »
The idea of a CoCo Bant sounds awesome. But sure you need a bigger core of creatures.

Other interesting creatures would be:
 - Rox Warmonk, I know it's not very used in modern, but I think it deserve a chance; it has a good stats and lifelink is always a good plan against aggro decks.
 - Loxodon Smiter, against Control and GBx is a good friend.
 - Knight of the Reliquary, you don't have a lot of lands, but even in this situation you can enjoy the power of that creature; if you would introduce that guy you could take off the birds (I know the birds are part of your core, but it's just an opinion) and introduce some interesting lands to have some silver bullets in a land way.
 - Jace, Vryn's Prodigy is a good combination with the Collected Company.

If you don't like the idea of a CoCo Bant you can move to a toolbox deck with Chord and Angels.

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:15:46 am »
I'd consider moving Mana Leak to the sideboard but maybe Negate would be better for you?  Depends on what you want to take care of though.

I like Phantasmal Image in this kind of deck personally.  Almost unlimited uses but sometimes its a dead card. 

I also like Duskwatch Recruiter.  It is a 2/2 for 2cmc, Flips to make creatures cheaper to cast, and has a good mana sink that can find you more gas when needed.

Eternal Witness would be a great card to come out of the sideboard to combat discard effects or just to get extra uses out of CoCo.

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar could be useful in this deck.  Untouchable anthem, Indestructible creature, or Unlimited tokens seems like a great backup plan.  Unfortunately it would take the spot of Elspeth, Knight-Errant and that is one of your Core Cards.

I almost forgot Troll Ascetic, kind of a baby Thrun, the Last Troll, could be useful as well.  Hexproof and Regenerate is a nasty combo on a creature.

Well Mana Leak was useful all around but not mandatory for the win, unlike Spell Queller who made a lot of sweet plays that costed my opponents games, so I ditched them for 1 Skinshifter and 1 Eternal Witness.
I like Thrun the Last Troll, but has a CMC4 (no CoCo) and has no way to slip through opponent's defenses, same as Troll Ascetic.
As for Duskwatch Recruiter, I made a tought or two on him but I don't think he fits the "tempo" strategy much.
I would go for a Snapcaster or another Voice instead, but I already selected Eternal Witness and Skinshifter.
They are both useful, launching an extra Path to Exile or Collected Company can be invaluable in lategame, while Skinshifter can be pretty versatile in both attack and defense.
Also, I put in a single Rancor in for his general attack utility and difficulty to get rid off.

The idea of a CoCo Bant sounds awesome. But sure you need a bigger core of creatures.

Other interesting creatures would be:
 - Rox Warmonk, I know it's not very used in modern, but I think it deserve a chance; it has a good stats and lifelink is always a good plan against aggro decks.
 - Loxodon Smiter, against Control and GBx is a good friend.
 - Knight of the Reliquary, you don't have a lot of lands, but even in this situation you can enjoy the power of that creature; if you would introduce that guy you could take off the birds (I know the birds are part of your core, but it's just an opinion) and introduce some interesting lands to have some silver bullets in a land way.
 - Jace, Vryn's Prodigy is a good combination with the Collected Company.

If you don't like the idea of a CoCo Bant you can move to a toolbox deck with Chord and Angels.

Both Rox Warmonk and Loxodon Smither were included into the first revision of the deck, and both proved unuseful in closing games.
They overlap as heavy beaters to Geist of Saint Traft and Brimaz, King of Oreskos, while not being slippery as them.
I ditched them months ago and the deck improved a lot since then.
I tought about Knight of the Reliquary but without Retreat to Coralhelm I find him totally unworthy.
And speaking from experience, all the mirror matchup I went in against a Retreat/Reliquary ended badly for the knight.
Sure she can become a 20/20, but a single path to exile gets rid off it.

I also like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy cause it's another controlling planeswalker that can enter via CoCo.
Too bad you have to activate his effect at least once to transform him, but it's a card I'm keeping an eye on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:17:47 am by Lyonsbane »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:21:36 am »
Hey!

I've been building a Naya Toolbox deck (with Chord and Eldritch Evolution instead of CoCo), and have been finding a lot of success with Renegade Rallier. Going T1 mana dork, T2 Fetchland, Rallier, Get back the fetchland is really sweet. It also works really nicely late in the game to get back a Voice of Resurgence or Pridemage. In the same vein, running more Eternal Witness could be amazing with CoCo. Being able to cast CoCo, hit a Witness, and get back the CoCo seems awesome.

If you wanted to try and squeeze an infinite combo in, you could try Spike Feeder + Archangel of Thune. Can be a little tough without Chord or Evolution, but could be a really spicy sideboard option (especially as it gives you an out when your opponent gains infinite life).

You should also try and squeeze a Gavony Township in, its just so powerful in creature heavy decks.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 09:06:59 am »
Hey!

I've been building a Naya Toolbox deck (with Chord and Eldritch Evolution instead of CoCo), and have been finding a lot of success with Renegade Rallier. Going T1 mana dork, T2 Fetchland, Rallier, Get back the fetchland is really sweet. It also works really nicely late in the game to get back a Voice of Resurgence or Pridemage. In the same vein, running more Eternal Witness could be amazing with CoCo. Being able to cast CoCo, hit a Witness, and get back the CoCo seems awesome.

If you wanted to try and squeeze an infinite combo in, you could try Spike Feeder + Archangel of Thune. Can be a little tough without Chord or Evolution, but could be a really spicy sideboard option (especially as it gives you an out when your opponent gains infinite life).

You should also try and squeeze a Gavony Township in, its just so powerful in creature heavy decks.

I prefer Renegade Rallier into a hatebear/taxes deck.
Taking back a Ghost Quarter or a Tectonic Edge and destroying another land is invaluable.
Eternal Witness seems to be running smooth for now, but I fear that adding one more could seriourly hinder the offensive side of the deck - after all she's a 2/1 that dies in a breeze.

Spike Feeder + Archangel of Thune combo is fine but is not compelling to my taste, nor the deck.
Also I dislike combos in general :P

I used to have a Gavony Township in the deck during the first testing phase.
Fact is, I never used its effect since it's more of a mana sink during mid/lategame, I usually keep the mana open for a Collected Company or a Path to Exile.
I already have a powerful mana sink for late in the form of Celestial Colonade.
I prefer much more Moorland Haunt: it's quicker, gives me a blocker or a flying attacker, and makes use of the graveyard together with Scavenging Ooze.

I tuned out 2 Temple Garden and put in 2 Horizon Canopy: same mana, for the same cost (more or less) but more utility when I need fuel to end games.

Last but not least, I tought about Eldritch Evolution and Chord of Calling, but I think Collected Company is superior in every aspect when you don't need to be too picky about your creature of choice.

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 11:28:54 pm »
Testing is going great via live play and Cockatrice.

I cut out Skinshifter, Simic Charm and Rancor to test in Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, and added back a Tamiyo, Field Researcher.

For now, these are the matchups:

Elves: winnable since G1, we just have to exile or bounce their mana dork and power ups whenever possible.
Keep a Path to Exile to their Ezuri, Renegade Leader.
During G2/G3 put in as many as possible wraths to deal with their swarming tactics.

Burn: almost unwinnable at G1, unless the deck blocks heavily.
G2/G3 side in Leyline of Sanctity and hope for the best.

Affinity: worst matchup ever at G1, they will swarm the field before our first Hierarch touch the ground.
If they somehow slow down, Qasali Pridemage can get rid off Cranial Plating.
Side in Stony Silence during G2/G3 and hope for the best.

Tron UG: good matchup if we get Hierarch/Birds and Geist of Saint Traft in opening hand.
Otherwise keep Path to Exile open for their big threats and exile as many land tutors as possible via Spell Queller.
G2/G3 side in Stony Silence to block some of their artifacts, Meddling Mage to block the possible threats (Emrakul, The Aeons Torn, Oblivion Stone, Wurmcoil Engine, Karn Liberated etc...).

Jund/Junk: skill matchup.
If they kill our mana dorks at T1 it can hurt a lot.
On the long run Tamiyo, Field Researcher can net the cards advantage we need to counteract Liliana of the Veil or keep their threats tapped.
Elspeth, Knight Errand can also counteract the sacrifice effect and create some chump blockers.
Geist of Saint Traft, Voice of Resurgence and Spell Queller usually wins us the game.

Merfolk: winnable since G1, just make sure to bounce/exile their lords.
G2/G3 put in Meddling Mage and cut out the lords entirely.

Naya zoo: very hard matchup, their creatures are bigger than ours and usually cost less.
Winnable if we try once again to bounce/exile everything, but it won't be possible every single time.
Put in the wraths and try to stir the game out as much as possible.

Infect UG: depending on the opening hands, it can either be a walk in the park or a goddamn hell.
If they start at T1 with Glistener Elf, they can go on with 1-2 Mutagenic Growth and/or Blossoming Defense/Larger than Life, netting them a win.
Put in Glissa Sunseeker at G2/G3 and try to bounce/exile every creature they put on the field (including Inkmoth Nexus).

Bant Retreat/Mirror matchup: depending on luck of whoever starts first.
Knight of the Reliquary has no protection and dies thanks to Path to Exile or can be bounced back (Reflector Mage) and exiled with Spell Queller when they try to play her again.
The true star is Geist of Saint Traft, whoever lands him on the field first usually wins the game (expecially if coupled with a Steel of the Godhead).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:33:01 pm by Lyonsbane »

Hands87

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 09:26:26 pm »
Hello!!
First of all, I love how you've reorganized your deck, now is very clear (can you explain me how you write some information under the cards??).
I'm a Bant player, if you are interested I have some decks around this "shard" and the last one plays around the Tempo strategy.
Ok, about your deck. I've been thinking about your strategy and your cards and I have some suggestions  ;):
 - I know Birds of Paradise are your core, but maybe 3x are too much. Maybe you could keep at 1x and give 2 extra lands, make your deck more consistently and resistant against lightning bolts.
- Minamo: talking about lands, are you sure you need this card, what's the point of untap Geist or Kira?? If you want to block with these creatures you are in troubles, and in that case Stirring Wildwood are better. Btw I think the same of Celestial Colonnade.
- Kira: you explain the use of this guy is to protect your mana dorks, but 2x it's not enough to find her every game, you could take her off and introduce some extra cards more relevants.
- Saint Traft: if this guy is your main attacker you want him on each opening hand, although it's a legendary card I think it deserve the risk. I think you could centralize your strategy around that spirit.
If you agree with these ideas you will need some cards to give evasion to your Geist. I'm talking about cards like Elspeth, Reflector Mage or Cryptic.
What do you think?

Hands

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »
Hello!!
First of all, I love how you've reorganized your deck, now is very clear (can you explain me how you write some information under the cards??).
I'm a Bant player, if you are interested I have some decks around this "shard" and the last one plays around the Tempo strategy.
Ok, about your deck. I've been thinking about your strategy and your cards and I have some suggestions  ;):
 - I know Birds of Paradise are your core, but maybe 3x are too much. Maybe you could keep at 1x and give 2 extra lands, make your deck more consistently and resistant against lightning bolts.
- Minamo: talking about lands, are you sure you need this card, what's the point of untap Geist or Kira?? If you want to block with these creatures you are in troubles, and in that case Stirring Wildwood are better. Btw I think the same of Celestial Colonnade.
- Kira: you explain the use of this guy is to protect your mana dorks, but 2x it's not enough to find her every game, you could take her off and introduce some extra cards more relevants.
- Saint Traft: if this guy is your main attacker you want him on each opening hand, although it's a legendary card I think it deserve the risk. I think you could centralize your strategy around that spirit.
If you agree with these ideas you will need some cards to give evasion to your Geist. I'm talking about cards like Elspeth, Reflector Mage or Cryptic.
What do you think?

Hands

When you're building your deck, you can add comments clicking on the comic-like bubble after the card name in the deck list.

I could cut 1 Bird for a land more, but they served me well for now in triple copy.
Not many mulligans all around so I prefer to have a cheap blocker than a land.
I may consider the idea of swapping one for a Treetop Village, however.

I love Minamo, I think that untapping a legendary is quiete valuable, especially when in need.
As you say, if I untap Kira or Geist I might be in troble, and the cost is much more affordable than Stirring Wildwoods.
I use Kira to protect not only the hierarchs but especially the quellers, since I don't want to give back my opponent the spell I exiled.
Anyway I found some more use thanks to Jace, Vryn's Prodigy.
Saint Traft is useful all around, very hard to remove, but it's not the winning condition of the deck (or I could go for Steel of the Godhead), more of a cheap and evasive attacker.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:55:33 pm by Lyonsbane »

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 11:35:29 am »
First day at the local tournament, I can't say too good nor too bad.

Turn 1: vs merfolk
G1: an already medium difficult match-up per sé, hampered by the deck sleeping hard, giving only an Hallowed Fountain and 0 mana dorks in opening hand.
Mulligan to 6 since I didn't want to give my opponent a free island-walk, only to draw another Hallowed Fountain again.
Mulligan to 5, 0 mana dorks again and a Breeding Pool.
Game went on for a while, but I couldn't bounce or exile enough lords to keep the board under check.
A collected company drawing 5 lands and a Path to Exile completed the game.

G2: sided in 3 x Meddling Mage and 2 x Fiend Hunter, again with a starting hand composed of Birds of Paradise, Breeding Pool and Hallowed Fountain.
Did not see even one Meddling to deny the lords, nor a collected company.
My opponent started with land + Aether Vial, so there wasn't much game to begin with.

Turn2: vs affinity
G1: start as second, 0 mana dorks but at least a couple lands and a Voice of Resurgence.
T1 my opponent plays Opal Mox x 2, Vault Skirge, Inkmoth Nexus and Cranial Plating.
Wins by turn three with a sacrificed ravager to pump the plated Inkmoth.

G2: sided in Stony Silence x 2 and Terminus x 1.
Zero lands two times in a row in my starting hand, had to mulligan to 5 cards, still 0 mana dorks.
Game lost after I draw two Vendilion Clique in a row with green/white lands on the field during T1/T2.

Turn3: vs bant Eldrazi
G1: good starting hand with Noble Hierarch x 1, 2 lands and a Giest of Saint Traft available for T2.
He starts with a Noble Hierarch too, for a T2 Eldrazi Displacer and a T3 Reality Smasher.
Could not stop him displacing my angel so game is lost.

G2: sided in Meddling Mage x 3 and Fiend Hunter x 2.
Good starting hand with a Noble and enough lands for a T2 Reflector Mage or Spell Queller, both in my hand.
Opponent mulligan to 4 cards, and with the sheer card avantage I win the game.

G3: a bloody mess of a game, won by me thanks to Elspeth, Knight Errant who kept in check the board by herself.
I delay the Reality Smasher thanks to a Meddling Mage, and bounce back the one already on the field with a Reflector Mage.
He then tries then to keep my board in check with two Drowner of Hope and a Crafdigger's Cage, but I manage to save Elspeth and myself by animating a Celestial Colonade and chumpblocking with a Noble Hierarch and put her ultimate off.

Turn 4: vs Knightfall

G1: easiest matchup of the four, we play similar turn with a mana dork on the field at T1 for both me and my opponent.
My Reflector Mage bounce back his mana dork buying at least 2 turns.
By that time, I already had on the field a Geist of Saint Traft and a Tamiyo, Field Researcher, netting a victory.

G2: same as before, I didn't even side anything.
Game won by Vendilion Clique and 2 Noble Hierarch.

Apart from the winnable T1 Merfolk match lost due to misfortune, I'm quiete satisfied by the deck since he acted like he's supposed to act.

Hands87

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 04:25:39 pm »
Hello!

I'm glad to know you are playing your deck in a competitive tournament!
I think Bant players must help each others so I want to give some suggestions:
 - CoCo: good card, for sure, and with mana dorks you clan played at turn 3. But you have a lot other non-creature spells for a deck with 4x CoCo. I think you should choose to cut the CoCo or include more creatures instead of planeswalkers.
 - Brimaz: he is Tamiyo's best friend, just 1x maybe it's not enough to exploit this awesome combination.
 - If you like creatures and tamiyo, you would try Dromoka's Command, played during combat phase is a free card Tamiyo give it to you.

Anyway keep playing and improving that awesome deck!
I hope I helped you.

Hands