deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aether Made U/B  (Read 272 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Aether Made U/B
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:58:55 am »
 This is a deck that I just recently finished putting together. I think i did pretty well as far as balancing out the mana and creatures/spells. I only picked up a few things from the shop i went to so if there are any recommendations let me know what cards i should get. I'll put them on my list. https://deckstats.net/decks/24826/656850-aether-made

DelverMage

• Decks
Re: Aether Made U/B
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 01:07:22 pm »
So I find it interesting that you, of all people, created this post.

But I am game.

So I first want to state, that when requesting help and constructive criticism for a deck, it is far more helpful for others if you use the description field or the comments to talk about the deck a little bit.  If we have an idea what you were thinking, and how you expected the deck to work, that would allow us to focus on providing you the assistance you are looking for.

Without that info, we can only assume.
So I will now proceed to assume you are interested in this deck being reliable and consistent, first and foremost.
I also assume the deck is 75 cards because the sideboard is included, and when this deck is prepared for an event, the sideboard will have been created from the 75. 

I have built decks like this before, when I am trying out lots of ideas and cards to see how they play together and learn how they can work.  But that means the deck is in a state of exploration, and not really ready for others to provide good assistance.  There is plenty of self tuning to be done here still.

With only six 1 mana spells, there is less than 50% chance of having a turn one play beyond playing a land.  I would suggest at least 3 more 1 mana spells to improve that.  I am sure there has to be a 1 mana artifact that can help this decks overall theme, maybe some implements or even the Pacification Array.

I do see some interesting card relationships and avenues of play within this deck.  I would want to play it out a few times to see what is working and what is not and start pulling out cards that never seem to help, and replacing them with copies of cards within the deck that are proving to be beneficial.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Aether Made U/B
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:39:50 am »
   You are right @DelverMage I should include more details in the comment box. This is my first time actually playing with the Kaladesh set since it came out so I'm trying to get my feet wet by starting off small with a deck or two at a time. Considering that I've been out of the loop for a bit I thought that leaning on my forum network a bit may be beneficial for gaining some knowledge before heading out to any tournaments.

For the deck I wanted to go for a Dimir style kind of deck where everything has a card effect that either steals resources from the opponent, sneaks in damage (whether it's effect or combat) and is evasive enough so that I can survive any major attacks or board wipes with minimum to no losses on my part. In fact, creatures such as lawless broker are the kinds that I want in the deck because I can use spells such as morbid curiosity to get some serious card draw action AND make another creature stronger. Using his +1/+1 counter giving effect would be beneficial for creatures that already have a high toughness or that have first strike. Consistent and reliable is what I want in this deck. So far with just play testing I've noticed that even though all the cards have their own special parts they sometimes do clash. For example: Ovalchase daredevil goes well with failed inspection because playing artifacts puts him right back in my hand and i get a card off the deck while canceling my opponent's. But with all the little creatures that I have I wouldn't want to drop too many of them in the graveyard since I currently only have 1 Dhund Operative or 1 essence extraction. I have some recursion but currently not enough to shrink the deck down to streamline it.

I will agree that there is a lot of exploration on my part as far as deck building in this block goes. I never played the mirrodin sets so this will be my first artifact heavy themed block to play in. But it is nice that some creatures can make artifacts for you so that helps out from making the deck get to clogged up. I also picked up a Kambal consul of allocation so I'll definitely want to try out a W/B deck later. I'd probably downsize this one just a little bit but I'll focus on one deck at a time.

As far as the mana curve goes I should probably start out tall on the 2-3 CMC side and decrease as I go higher, it'll give me more early turn plays. With all the copies of foundry inspector i have it may help to add more artifact creatures that way they can be played for cheap.That way creatures such as foundry screecher and embraal bruiser can become stronger with minimum effort on my part.

And yes the relationship between cards in this deck are very interesting as far as things that work together goes. I have played the deck a few times though with myself to see how the deck operates. Creatures can get on the board really fast but once the 4-5 drops start getting drawn it's almost a race as far as maintaining a proper board state. i will find the cards that operate well and capitalize on that. Cards such as disappearing act work great with cards such as dukhara scavenger I have things in the mayboard in case I want to make this deck grixis but I might start blocks in my usual manner: 1. Make all the dual colors, 2. See what I use most comfortably, 3. Improve on the play ability of those decks after posting on the forum, 4. Add a new color to those particular decks and run them tri color if able.

Overall I know i have experience in deck building  and such but sometimes even I need a little assistance and I appreciate any advice you all can give me. Believe it or not but I look up to you guys ;)