deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: UR Thopter Panharmonicon - Comments  (Read 224 times)

Comment Bot

UR Thopter Panharmonicon - Comments
« on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:42 pm »
This is the comment topic for UR Thopter Panharmonicon.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für UR Thopter Panharmonicon.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

computernerd812

• Decks
Re: UR Thopter Panharmonicon - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:46 pm »
Interesting starting point, but you almost have to much going on in this deck. From the title and some of the cards, I am guessing that you are working towards having alot of Thopters and eaither winning by Mechanized Production or hitting them with said Thopters. In either case there are a number of cards in the deck that while fun arent really contributing to that end goal. For instance Linvala and Spell Queller dont particularly do anything in regards to creating or winning with Thopters. My advice would be to remove the following cards:

1x Linvala - Doesnt really add anything towards the deck, at least not at helping you win. It just either give you a hitter or life, but even then you need to be loosing for that to happen.
1x Spell Queller - Buys time until it dies, then you could possible be in an even worse situation
1x Spire Patrol - Buys time but thats about it
2x Aethertourch Renegade - Its a good card, but Harnessed Lightning is better against creatures and you really shouldnt have that much floating energy unless you have already gone infinite.
1x Immolating Glare - Harnessed Lightning is better, plus the stipulation that the creature be attacking is annoying
1x Westvale Abbey - You should have enough mana
1x Needle Spire - See above
2x Wandering Fumarole - See above

And add the following:
2x Prophetic Prism - for Mana fixing
1x Eerie Interlude - Works great for ETB abilities, especially when used right before the opponents end step
1x Maverick Thopterist - Improvise is great and you should have a number of thopter to pay for it
2x Efficient Construction - Creates Thopters
2x Era of Innovation - Pay 1 mana for two energy, with a Decotion Module and Whirler Virtuosa it lets you make a Thopter for one energy at instant speed. When its used itself up, you can sack it to draw three cards
2x Gonti's Aether Heart - This with a Decoction Module and Whirler Virtuosa lets you make infinite thopters

I would also replace both Glimmer of Genius with two Reverse Engineers, the improvise ability should allow you to quite regularly pay two blue mana to draw three cards.

Thats my two cents, for some possible changes. Up to you if you want to ignore me or implement them. Have fun!

Erickkrul

• Decks
Re: WUR Thopter Panharmonicon - Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »
Thanks for your feedback! I've made some changes you have recommended and some ideas were discarded. Feel free to tell me what you think about the changes I've made:)

1x Linvala, the Preserver. - Good in the late game when I'm behind (which can happen!), and very good with Panharmonicon (especially when I'm far behind).
1x Spell Queller - I agree, removed from deck
1x Spire Patrol - Buys time to tap his attackers, but also good for setting up an attack: tapping (flying) blocker(s) for 2 turns! (ETB with Panharmonicon is better)
2x Aethertourch Renegade - setting up the Infinite combo requires 4 cards minimum, so extra energy for thopters is welcome early game. In the late game it is useful for dealing 6 damage to opponent.
1x Immolating Glare - Sometimes the threats are too big for the amount of available energy. cheap removal
1x Westvale Abbey - I have a lot of dual lands, so 1 colorless land won't hurt. What does hurt is a 9/7 flying indestructible creature with haste in turn 6!
1x Needle Spire - I agree, i noticed the delay too often. getting replaced with Spire of industry (artifacts are no problem for getting colored mana)
2x Wandering Fumarole - See above.

2x Prophetic Prism - Mana is not a big problem with the dual lands (works well with panharmonicon when casted, but probably casted before rather than after Panharmonicon)
1x Eerie Interlude - I agree, extra copy added.
1x Maverick Thopterist - i agree, extra copy added. works well with panharmonicon and eerie interlude
2x Efficient Construction - I won't cast enough artifacts to make this viable. (also I'd rather want to cast Panharmonicon for 4 mana)
2x Era of Innovation - It has its use, so 1 copy returning to deck.
2x Gonti's Aether Heart - I like it but expensive to cast. It goes on the maybe-pile. I also have to take something out to free a slot.

Erickkrul

• Decks
Re: WUR Thopter Panharmonicon - Comments
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:15:32 pm »
errata: the glimmer of Genius has more upsides than reverse engineer in my opinion.

- instantspeed, keep option open for harnessed lighting in opponent's turn. (sorceryspeed improvises artifacts which are possibly needed in opponent's turn in the early game)
- no double mana cost.
- Scry 2 before drawing 2. effectively drawing max. 4 and 'discarding' max. the first 2 (when those are not desired). More chance to draw the desired card than blind draw 3.
- 2 energy. can contribute to an extra thopter (surprise blocker) or damage via harnessed lightning

Reverse engineer leaves more mana open to use on the new cards than glimmer of genius (when cast in your turn). But if you cast glimmer in de endstep of the opponent, then all of your mana will be available for your new cards right after!