deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Semi new to this game. Unclear about formats  (Read 516 times)

BaconFromSpace

• Decks
Semi new to this game. Unclear about formats
« on: April 16, 2017, 12:02:30 am »
When I select standard for tournament legal cards in the card database it doesn't show Frontier cards, which would be legal in standard if I understand, because it says m15 and later so I'm not sure why they dont show.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:09:28 am by BaconFromSpace »

ladof

• Decks
Re: Semi new to this game. Unclear about formats
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 12:18:00 am »
Frontier and Standard are two different formats. Standard (also called Type II) is the latest blocks of cards, and usually involves dropping a block when a new one is released (this won't happen with amonkhet for various reasons.) The current Standard blocks are Battle for Zendikar, Shadows over Innistrad and Kaladesh.

Frontier is a format that has a beginning point that doesn't change, but all new sets are added to the format. The beginning set for Frontier is M15. Everything after that is allowed in Frontier.

Modern is like frontier, but the cut off set is much older. Eighth Edition (and all its white bordered goodness) and after are legal in Modern.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

BaconFromSpace

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:29:30 am »
Alright that clears it up appreciate it

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:38:02 am »
Anytime.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.