deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Amonkhet Spoilers  (Lida 11065 vezes)

ladof

• Decks
Re: Amonkhet Spoilers
« Responder #105 em: Abril 11, 2017, 09:18:55 pm »
Mono black zombies will probably be a thing in this set, with Lord of the Accursed and Relentless Dead as the powerhouses. Too bad Risen Executioner rotated out a while ago, although it's still viable for Frontier.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Responder #106 em: Abril 12, 2017, 02:18:25 am »
Nissan is UG now and has an x in her casting cost. She looks pretty solid, too.

I'm pretty sure I haven't driven a Nissan, you say she's pretty solid? hehe  :P

I want Nissa to have my babies, even if they have pointed ears. They can get surgery! (I'm surprised that they released her so soon after kaladesh.)
X(U/G) 0 = Look at the top card, if it's a creature or land you can put it onto the battlefield = equal to or less than the number of loyalty counters on Nissa
that's a free card, and you probably would want to pay 2 extra mana, her Scry 2 helps look for that card, adds an extra 2 loyalty, so that 4 mana or less. This is powerful! I want! Green/Blue is my jam and this makes me super friends happy, especially with Tamiyo, Field Researcher!

Rhonas the Indomitable is very much like the Temur Battle Rage ferocious mechanic. This with Lupine Prototype would be colossal! I won't give all my ideas away, but G.Moto gave me a very sweet idea ages ago that I could implement with this card!

Jabilac, I'm not going to cry because you posted that Nissa before me, so I am going to post these!

Harsh Mentor is ridiculous! I think that it will change standard's meta! For the better? Hopefully!
It is a 2 mana 2/2, making it weak, but its ability has serious potential to cripple decks that use vehicles/artefacts = Aethersphere Harvester and Walking Ballista (since you can activate it in response ever time you remove a counter you get dealt 2 damage!)

That Plague Belcher, interesting name. If you have a 2/2 zombie token and you place the etb counters onto that, your opponents take 1 damage, when it dies. Pair that, with Zulaport Cutthroat and you have more damage! Either way, a 3 mana 5/4 with menace is great!

(Ladof and Jabilac you're onto something. Mono black zombies could be a thing, especially with Diregraf Colossus and Liliana's Mastery)

Anointed Procession makes token players happy! I think this with Mechanized Production maybe, a little ridiculous?!

Initially, I thought this set was probably going to be the worse in a long time, but the new spoilers are changing my mind, a lot!
« Última modificação: Abril 12, 2017, 05:49:20 am por Mnemosyne »

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Responder #107 em: Abril 12, 2017, 04:55:57 am »
Harsh mentor is absolutely insane.  Its essentially a one-sided eidolon of the great revel.  I would not be surprised if it sees heavy play in Modern and even Legacy.  Not having haste isn't great, but that ability, not to mention the fact that its one-sided, is just insane in formats of fetches and powerful aritfacts/deathrites.

Nickadimoose

• Decks
« Responder #108 em: Abril 12, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »
Anointed Procession has made me entirely too happy. Amonkhet is going to be insane.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Responder #109 em: Abril 12, 2017, 10:28:42 pm »
I'm spoilerizing these beauties!

I think these are the cards I needed to help me through the precarious transitionary period that will proceed Hour of Devastation's Standard rotation.

My G/R deck needed cards that would help replace the ones that would eventually rotate. Sweltering Suns is a great non-instant board wipe in red, it's not instant speed, which still makes Incendiary Sabotage and Kozilek's Return infinitely better, atm.

Samut, Voice of Dissent is, where to begin? Beyond great. A flash/double strike/vigilance/haste? for 5 mana if that's not enough then your ramped up creatures get haste, without having to use Hanweir Battlements or an instant effect? Admittedly, it is a Legendary card, and its activated ability is a white mana source. But the ability to un-tap creatures, is a big deal for G/R decks, especially for an archetype that doesn't utilise vigilance as much as white. The piece de resistance? It has a 3/4 toughness, meaning whilst it can be directly targeted by kill spells, it is out of range of most low-level burn spells, like Fiery Temper, Shock and Sweltering Suns.

By Force, now that's a great sideboard card, one which ruins artefacts, sorry Kaladesh! The time of Chandra has come. Not as great as Release the Gremlins but it is much cheaper.

The last two are Enigma Drake and Wayward Servant both exceptional uncommons. Enigma Drake is a great Izzet companion with its evasion and instant sorcery dependent power! Wayward Servant just makes Zombie decks in W/B that much more viable in Standard.

ladof

• Decks
« Responder #110 em: Abril 12, 2017, 11:33:31 pm »
Wayward Servant makes WB zombies an actual option in sealed,  too. They're really wanting zombies to be a thing again, I guess.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Grim-Reaper

• Decks
« Responder #111 em: Abril 14, 2017, 08:34:23 pm »
I wonder if Honored Crop-Captain could find a home in some 8-whack variants.

RW
Human warrior

Whenever it attacks, other attacking creatures get +1/+0 until end of turn.

3/2

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Responder #112 em: Abril 21, 2017, 09:15:27 am »
  Ladies and Gents of the multiverse, I have enjoyed listening to you and reading your comments on this post. Now I, your favorite planeswalking vamp has some interesting ideas and tricks for you all. I hope you enjoy:

1. [JUND] Hapatra, vizier of poisons + Consuming Fervor + exemplar of strength = Strength in the Snake Pit!!!
    Objective- Play hapatra on the field first, then play the exemplar of strength and give the exemplar the consuming fervor. This way you get your 4/4 for 2 mana and every turn you're spitting out snake tokens because you are stacking up the -1/-1 counters. Best part of all of this, you gain life every time he attacks and it removes a -1/-1 counter so it essentially STAYS a 4/4. Really in under 4 turns you can make 2 death touch creatures and still have a 4/4 on the board that you only paid 2 mana to cast. So basically for a total of 5 mana you've created a nasty Jund board state that can get really dangerous if left unchecked..

2. [ORZHOV] Wayward servant + Bontu's monument + Binding mummy + dread wanderer + festering mummy + gravedigger = Fetching Bones!!!
    Objective- The wayward servant and Bontu's Monument both give and take 2 life off the opponent which is always nice just for playing creatures (which you'll primarily want to be zombies). The binding mummy can really tie down your opponent if you plan on going in heavy with a strong power play such as with BALEFUL AMMIT (which is exactly what I would plan on doing :) The good thing about Bontu's monument is that it also makes your black creature spells cost one less. With that being said, any black creature I just listed in this small combo description just got played for 1 less mana AND if it's a zombie your opponent is losing health. And if you need to keep knocking out the dread wanderer somehow just use -1/-1 counters from other creatures like plague belcher (which can get intense in a combo) in order to keep dropping it then springing it from the grave. If you happen to run into any embalmer's tools play multiples because it will decrease the re-casting cost of dread wanderer from your graveyard. Having two on the board will make his return to battlefield cost only one BLACK mana. So at that point you wouldn't even need the gravedigger. Either way you're getting value out of your jackal and then you truly are teaching an old dog a new trick.

3. [ABZAN] Anointed Procession + Decimator beetle + nest of scarabssoulstinger + Splendid agony = Swarm of Scarabs!!!
    Objective- Drop nest of scarabs early, then the soulstinger (get 2 scarabs), then play splendid agony on the soulstinger (get 2 more scarabs), then play the decimator beetle, placing the -1/-1 on the soulstinger killing it (and getting another scarab). When the soulstinger dies you'll be placing 5 -1/-1 counters on another creature (giving you 5 more scarabs). When the decimator beetle attacks next turn it'll place a -1/-1 counter on another creature your opponent controls (and making ANOTHER scarab). So to recap, using only FOUR cards you were able to make ELEVEN scarab tokens! Now imagine everything I just said....but with anointed procession on the field......DOUBLING ALL YOUR TOKENS!!!!! Can somebody say scarabs for days :)

4. [GRIXIS] Enigma drake + shadowstorm vizier + cryptic serpent + tormenting voice + unburden = Ride the Storm!!!
   Objective- Playing spells such as unburden and tormenting voice to load up YOUR graveyard with spells. This will power up your enigma drake so it can hit for serious damage. Also the shadowstorm will hit pretty hard as well if you do a ton of discarding or cycling in one turn. This will also drop the cost of your cryptic serpent for some good ground defense or offense depending on how you look at it. Best part about cards such as unburden is that if you don't want to discard two cards you can just cycle it, draw a new card and STILL get one more sorcery in the graveyard. Also by using winds of rebuke you can save your enigma drake from kill spells and potentially load your graveyard with two more spells giving your drake even more power next time you play it. Add some electrify and you've got a GRIXIS storm of the century right here (see what i did there with the lightning puns :P

5. [SIMIC] champion of rhonas + scaled behemoth + cartouche of strength + winds of rebuke + scribe of the mindful = ANGRY CROC!!!
   Objective- Use the champion of rhonas to play the scaled behemoth quickly. Once its on the field play the cartouche of strength to make your scaled behemoth fight anything you choose. As this is taking place you can keep returning the cartouche back to your hand using the winds of rebuke, this way you can keep making your angry croc fight whoever you want. And if you're running low on winds of rebuke simply use your scribe of mindful to return the winds of rebuke back to your hand. And at any time you need to protect one of your non hexproof creatures feel free to use hapatra's mark for some protection.

6. [TEMUR] Sixth sense + slither blade + consuming fervor + hapatra's mark = Cunning Snakes!!!
   Objective- Use the slither blade (a 1/2), then use consuming fervor to turn him into a (4/5) unblockable next turn!!!!! Let the -1/-1 counters stack up so that when it's getting close to the end you can play hapatra's mark and wipe away the -1/-1 counters AND make it hexproof for another thrashing good time. This is a good way to sneak in damage early and even force your opponent into using his best stuff to kill a creature that will always be on the verge of death. The sixth sense will definitely help you get some guaranteed card draw.

Last one for the night everybody, here goes number 7:[ESPER] Anointed procession + devoted crop mate +cartouche of solidarity + doomed dissenter + galestrike + vizier of tumbling sands + wayward mummy = Doomed Rescue!!!
   Objective- Once again the anointed procession will be playing a big part of this combo. This time the wayward mummy will be putting in a lot more work this time around since whenever your doomed dissenter dies you'll get 2x (2/2) ZOMBIE tokens on the field (which means they lose two life and you gain two life). Your galestrike will be a good way to keep your devoted crop mate out of harms way as he is constantly bringing back the doomed dissenter over and over. If you give the devoted crop mate the cartouche of solidarity it'll be a (4/3) with first strike and your vizier of tumbling sands can keep untapping it so that it'll be ready for intercepting at anytime and you can keep reusing the exert ability to save his fallen comrade.

Well these were just some ideas that I had looking at the new cards from this set. Feel free to give me some feed back on these combos and any thoughts they may have triggered in any of you. I'm eager to see what my creative community can come up with.
« Última modificação: Abril 21, 2017, 10:24:31 am por G. Moto »

Nickadimoose

• Decks
« Responder #113 em: Abril 21, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
I'm going to create so many f***ng snakes.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Responder #114 em: Abril 21, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »
  ......all the snakes. Also if you combo consuming fervor with soulstinger you'll get a nasty combo as well since he'll be boosted and slowly work himself to death (which will be a benefit to you because you'll be taking out your opponent's creature as well). So you could have him enter as a (4/5), give him the enchantment, then he'll be a (7/8) that will be slowly decreasing every turn. This would work well with the nest of scarabs because as you're playing "pop goes the scorpion" all the little scarabs are coming out to play. See how that works?
     Also another idea is to have the nest of scarabs combo with soul-scar mage and sweltering suns.....that's a lot of -1/-1 counters.