deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: New: Improved support for international and special card names  (Read 635 times)

Nils

• Decks
New: Improved support for international and special card names
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:41:07 pm »
I am excited to announce that we have just released a new version of our card database, which will make it a lot easier to find and import cards!

Until now, we only supported official 'oracle names' for cards. This meant that card names in other languages, such as [[Sonnenring]] or [[疾行靴]], or special card names such as [[Chief Jim Hopper]] would not be recognized. Instead, you had to write [[Sol Ring]] or [[Sophina, Spearsage Deserter]].

With this update, our card database has now been extended to understand all of these names.

Here is how it works:

Non-english card names can now be detected by our autocorrect algorithm and will be converted to the English oracle name. When importing them into a collection, their language will also be set accordingly. To avoid confusion, card names will always be displayed in English when viewing a deck or a collection, even if they were originally written in another language.

Special card names (aka flavor names) will be recognized directly, even when autocorrect is off. They can also be used when searching our card database. If you add a card to your deck or your collection using its special name, it will also be displayed with that name.

As part of this update we have also added autocorrect functionality to our collection import tool. When an unknown card name is detected during an import, you will be given the option to turn on autocorrect and try again.

As usual, please let me know here or via Twitter or Discord if you have any thoughts about this or notice any problems!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 11:55:56 pm by Nils »

SeraphimRisen

• Decks
Re: New: Improved support for international and special card names
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 07:01:47 am »
Oh sweet! I noticed this in one of my decks already with Zilortha suddenly becoming Godzilla! Awesome!