deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Red Black Land Destruction  (Read 352 times)

SupremeOne

• Decks
[Modern] Red Black Land Destruction
« on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
Red Black Land Destruction

First time playing a deck like this and new to magic.  Any insight or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

WhiteAddict

Re: Red Black Land Destruction - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:05:12 pm »
Good afternoon,

I like the idea of land destruction, but you have too high cost in your deck. And dont need really put 4 copies of each one. The deck its red / black,
you need low costs for disrupt the opponent,  Lightning Bolt, Pyroclasm, Terminate, Kolaghan's Command and Small Pox for creatures and other threats.
Against the opponent, you can use Blackmail, its the one spell cost one (that i know, you can use too Retrace, but personally dont like for this deck), that you can discard lands. For this Surgical extraction for mainboard,  isn't a bad choice.

Your deck its really slow, high cost and a better selection of lands, Darksteel Citadel for combo used with Boom // Bust, Simian Spirit Guide
its necessary for the deck. I wouldn't use planeswalkers, and makes several changes :

- 2 Chandra Nalaar                                                                                   + 4 Blackmail
- 4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance                                                                  + 2 Small Pox
- 4 Damnation                                                                                          +2 Crucible of Worlds
- 3 Roiling Terrain                                                                                     + 2 Kolaghan's Command
- 2 Molten Rain                                                                                         + 2 Boom // Bust
- 2 Stone Rain                                                                                           + 4 Simian Spirit Guide
- 2 Terminate                                                                                            + 4 Avalanche Riders
  2 Fulminator Mage (its a very good card but, 4 copies its so much)           + 1 Elixir of Immortality     
- 1 Pyroclasm                                                                                            + 4Lightning Bolt                                                                 

You have to play with the advantage of lands, so you need 2 or 3 copies Crucible of Worldsand creatures like Avalanche Riders, like Goblin Ruinblaster, and Shivan Wumpus. I use Elixir of Immortality for 5 lifes and take again spells on deck.

The sideboard need be totally changed, if like my changes, i would show you which cards you can use.

(Sorry if my english its too hard of understand ).

SupremeOne

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:12:04 am »
Thank you WhiteAddict, I appreciate the input and I will give it a try with your suggestions. I would also appreciate any suggestions on the sideboard too.

Modaghair

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:11:15 am »
I really like WhiteAddict's suggestion of including creatures that double as land destruction because they can be used to pressure/defend when you need them. Personally, I would take out one of the legendary lands because you can only have one copy on the field at a time, and would have the plainswalkers be 3 each for the same reason. I really like Akki Blizzard-Herder personally, because even if your opponent has a really strong creature they'll need to think twice about attacking.

BamBam

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 02:01:45 pm »
Add some green for Life from the Loam oder just put in Crucible of Words for Playing Boom/Bust

WhiteAddict

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »
Good afternoon,

On mainboard i forgot say quit - 2 Rain of Tearsand the card Small Pox, its really +2 Smallpox.

About the sideboard, this can be the changes :

- 1 Anger of the Gods You got 2 Pyroclasm, on mainboard. With 2 more angers, i believe that its enough.
- 3 Ensnaring Bridge  Very good card, but if you add it, which one will be, your wincon? And if its destroy it, you can recover it. So you will need too splash to blue, for Academy Ruins.
- 3 Icefall Isn't a bad card, but you need other better.
- 1 Phage the Untouchable Totally unnecesary.
- 1 Pyroclasm
- 4 Surgical Extraction 2 on mainboard i see it enough, for a lot of decks, its a pain.

Sideboard (example) :

+2 Anger of the Gods
+2 Blood Moon Hurts a lot of decks.
+3 Guttural Response or Ricochet Trap, first one its a nice counter, and second can counter and copy too. You need some defense against blue, there are one land Boseiju, Who Shelters All, but specially in this deck, dont like so much. Boil its another poke, but only 1 copy.
+2- 3 Vandalblast Destroy artifact.
+3 Leyline of the Void There are a lot of decks that play with graveyard, this thing its a great solution.
+2 Duress For some deck with combo, and quit threats.

You can see other cards that are helpful, like Spellskite, Ratchet Bomb, Devastation Summons.

Personally i will not add green to this deck.

TZx

• Quotes are pointless
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »
You should play Blood Moon.
Signatures are pointless

WhiteAddict

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 03:51:45 pm »
Good afternoon...again,

The lands its the other point that can be treaty :

4 Blood Crypt
  4 Bloodstained Mire
  2 Mountain
  1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
  2 Swamp
  2 Ghost Quarter
  2 Darksteel Citadel I dont know if like you the idea, its for use it with Boom / / Bust
  3 Blackcleave Cliffs