deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help with my red black aggro deck  (Read 788 times)

Tola

• Decks
Help with my red black aggro deck
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:12:56 pm »
Hi Hello!

Im about to finish my first aggro deck, ive only played control decks before and watching all the aggro decks making me hungry for my own creature based deck.
Tho i dont have much experience of building and playing these kind of deck and turning myself to you guys!

So if there is anyone with lots of plays and experience with aggro decks in general please comment and give me tips and what i should be thinking about and how to use my sideboard versus who etc..

Link to deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/73125/685047-b-r-aggro/en

blueberry314

• Decks
Re: Help with my red black aggro deck
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »
Rakdos* Aggro

Tola

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »
Yea maybe thats the right name for it? ^.^

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 03:29:44 am »
It seems like you are playing standard so I would recommend looking at some of the B/R artifact aggro decks that have been dotting the competitive scene. You have the basic plan of it and it looks alright but look at some of those lists and what you like. Personally I think Bomat Carrier is kinda weird, I haven't really played with it and I'm certain it has the potential to be good but I would recommend play testing with it first. There are probably better one drops for this deck as well.
I can't even read

Tola

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 05:37:31 pm »
It seems like you are playing standard so I would recommend looking at some of the B/R artifact aggro decks that have been dotting the competitive scene. You have the basic plan of it and it looks alright but look at some of those lists and what you like. Personally I think Bomat Carrier is kinda weird, I haven't really played with it and I'm certain it has the potential to be good but I would recommend play testing with it first. There are probably better one drops for this deck as well.

Hi.
Ty for respons.
Ive tried to watch for black red deck (not madness) but havnt seen so many deck and thats hard to know when u dont play alot every week.
What would u recommend for replace for bomat then?

Cheers

Tola

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 07:50:29 pm »
Hello.

Played a mini tour with my Black/Red Aggro today and went 3 matches.

Match 1. (2-0)
B/R Aggro vs R/W Vehicles:
Game 1: I won the dice and didnt have to mulligan either so dropped my bomat/scrapheap/ kiran/aethersphere and finish with my weldfast engineer.
Game 2: Just like game 1, didnt use any sideboard and total control.

Hero of this matchup was my unlicensed disint and hungry flames, while i hit with my vehicles in air i removed his creatures and dealt dmg at the same time.

Match 2. (2-0)
B/R vs Mono W servos
Game 1: Lost the dice and mulligan tho to the lack of lands. Took the 6-card hand and scry'd a shock.
Dropped 2 inventeros apprentice's and an pia nalaar. He put me down to 10 and then i had board control and could start slaming with my air vehicles.
Game 2: He keept and so did i. Had whole game and could remove all his creature that where making his servos big.

Again hero of the game where my hungry flame, aslong as i keep hitting my 1/1 1/2's turn 1 and 2 i can get the mana up for all my removal.
And at the same time as i cast my removals he takes 2 and 3 dmg.

Match 3. (2-1)
Game 1: Won dice, keept hand and had my 1 drop. We raced with creatures, a race that i was about to win he relied to much on his fatal pushes (had 4 main)
I think i didnt know about my weldfast engineers (3cmc). Sure my scrapheap died but i can bring them back he cant with his creatures and with my weldfast's he took 5dmg
from my scrapheap every hit heavy little dude!
Game 2: not much to say, mulligan to 6 only 1 land hand. (idiot choice) after 3 turns i scooped..Never 1 hand land again!

Game 3: Copy from game 1, he made some sideboards i think but never got to see them.
My weldfasts where just true heros along with my cheap scrapheap.

Really fun deck to play, tho its hard to get a grip of the deck of only 3 matches, but still a great day :)

Cheers!

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 02:58:31 am »
It seems like your deck is pretty kick ass so far. I don't really know anything to play instead of bomat so yea its just not my favorite card but if it performs well for you then keep it. Here is SBMtG's R/B aggro deck he keeps the budget at $45 and he is great for standard in my opinion. His list his pretty similar to yours but its still worth checking out. here is a link to his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPgvIrfVtO4
Have fun!
I can't even read

Tola

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:17:49 am »
Hi,

Yea he break down the deck in a nice way, about the Bomat i rly tryn to like him but after 2-3 attacks he get hated and i still have cards in my hand. Tho its kinda much value to get them to waste a removal on a 1/1 cmc1 creature instead of my vehicles and bigger dudes.

Please like the deck if u find it cool :)

Cheers!

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 05:34:43 pm »
Inventor's Goggles could be a sweet card in this deck since most of your non-artifact creatures are Artificers. it would also be another easy way to turn on Inventor's Apprentice. T1 Apprentice, T2 Apprentice + Goggles, attack for 2 and have a 3/5 to block. Seems solid to me!

Other than that, the deck seems really solid, and I'm glad to hear it's working out for you!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Tola

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »
Inventor's Goggles could be a sweet card in this deck since most of your non-artifact creatures are Artificers. it would also be another easy way to turn on Inventor's Apprentice. T1 Apprentice, T2 Apprentice + Goggles, attack for 2 and have a 3/5 to block. Seems solid to me!

Other than that, the deck seems really solid, and I'm glad to hear it's working out for you!

Your actually on to something here, it can crew my kiran and survive most of the turn 2-3-4 creatures, my only problem is what i should take out? 

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »
Your actually on to something here, it can crew my kiran and survive most of the turn 2-3-4 creatures, my only problem is what i should take out? 

Maybe a copy of Shock and a copy of Hungry Flames? Now that you're playing Aggro, you probably don't need 10 removal spells (though I can understand the rational as a fellow control player ;P )

If you wanted to keep all the removal in place, maybe the Kari Zev, and a Pia? Kari doesn't really work with the vehicles, and she isn't an artificer. As for Pia, she feels more like a control card than an aggro one, but her ability sure is nice for sneaking through or getting a couple extra points in.

Overall, 2 copies of goggles should be plenty, and I'd prob remove some combination of the 4 cards suggested above, though since you're more familiar with the deck, you would probably know best.

Good luck! :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.