deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Bant Exalted (Please some analisys and sugestions)  (Read 461 times)

Filippo13

• Decks
[Modern] Bant Exalted (Please some analisys and sugestions)
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:32:01 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/41484/339045-sagrados-exercitos-exaltados-3/pt

I play with this deck for at least 10 years, some suggestions?

obs: actualy I don't have money for another two Noble Hierarch, put I pretend to buy and put in the slot of two birds of paradise.

hotrodscott

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Bant Exalted (Please some analisys and sugestions)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:34:35 am »
I love exalted! The only thing that seems out of place to me is blighted agent. I know the unblockable is great, but mixing infect damage with normal damage could make the game last extra turns and might be the difference between winning and losing.   If you want evasion, maybe aven squire in that spot? I have  G/W pauper exalted deck and really like llanowar augur. He's good at blocking in the early game, but can really add value later.

edit:  vines of vastwood or blossoming defense are good too to protect your creatures or pump them up.

Looks fun!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:41:01 am by hotrodscott »

Hands87

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:14:56 pm »
Hello!

I'm a big fan of Bant archetype! I think is a underrated combination. I have some Bant decks posted so if you want you can looked it.

About your deck, some opinions:
 - Looks like you like so many differents cards and you have a lot of single slots, but you don't have any library control. Only the Ardent Plea can manipulate a little bit. But all your single cards cost to much for the cascade. You have also Ajani, but maybe will be too late when the big cat starts to find your single cards.
 - I don't like auras, because if your opponent kill your enchanted creature is a 2x1. If the idea is to pump them I prefer instant speed effects, like Dromoka's Command or Simic Charm.
 - Maybe you could try cards that give you value like: Voice of Resurgence, Renegade Rallier, Collected Company, Kitchen Finks or Ranger of Eos.

I hope I helped you! Have a good games!

Hands

Lyonsbane

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:54:48 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/41484/339045-sagrados-exercitos-exaltados-3/pt

I play with this deck for at least 10 years, some suggestions?

obs: actualy I don't have money for another two Noble Hierarch, put I pretend to buy and put in the slot of two birds of paradise.

Well, for starting, you mana base is a little costly.
You got 4 City of Brass and 2 Mana Confluence, on the long run just those lands end up killing you.
Better to put in some fastland in form of Seachrome Coast / Razorverge Thicket / Botanical Sanctum.
Just don't go full on them, remember that after the third one they come in tapped: 3-4 of them should suffice.
If you want to keep the painlands, keep them into 2-3 copy max, and switch them for some other shocklands.
They cost more at first and less the more the game goes on.
This could also put at some use your fetches, since you got 4 lands fetchable and that's it; a Path to Exile will render useless one of your fetch the moment it's casted.
Also, all your lands have poor, if none, versatility during an attrition battle, when you and your opponent are on equal ground.
Some man lands could be useful, like Celestial Colonnade / Stirring Wildwood / Lumbering Falls, even Treetop Village.
Horizon Canopy is a godsend for decks without much ability to draw like Bant, but it's expensive.

As Hands87 said, you got no manipulation of your library or draw priority, so any spell with cascade is (more or less) useless.
Cascade is good only when you can break it, like playing powerful spells for free (looking at you, Restore Balance) or manipulating your library enough to put the spells you need in the correct order.

Nahiri's Machination is meh for me, there are ways to elude it (exiling creatures, blinking them), or you can simply play around the timing.
You can't even fully use it, since you don't generate red mana and expecting to have Birds of Paradise and Nahiri's Machination on the field at the same time is a lottery win.
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes is too slow in a fast paced environment like modern, also there are better version of him.
Tamiyo, Field Researcher is currently the best bant planeswalker available, quick to play, godly effects and can keep under check boards by herself.

I don't like auras too, but at least Rancor can be salvaged if the creature get destroyed.
Spirit Loop does not thematecally find a place in the deck, scrap it.
You can either substitute it with Steel of the Godhead or Angelic Destiny, they both do wonder on a T2 Geist of Saint Traft.

Also, I feel like you're missing the best creatures each color has to offer:
Voice of Resurgence, Spell Queller, Reflector Mage, Selfless Spirit, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, Vendilion Clique, Knight of the Reliquary, Kira, the Great Glass Spinner, Scavenging Ooze, Linvala, Keeper of Silence.

If you want to create a soft lock, Stoic Angel is better than Silent Arbiter, since you're forcing them to carefully tap creatures for abilities.

Also, remember that you'll usually need more than x4 mana dorks, since you want one + one green untapped land in your starting hand.
Any number between 6 and 8 (depending on how quick you want mana and/or pressure the opponent) should suffice.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:01:55 pm by Lyonsbane »