deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: aetherborn marauder  (Read 731 times)

dokepa

• Decks
aetherborn marauder
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:20:17 am »
Once again I am searching for some solid feedback  ::)   Im just going to throw out the scenario and answer what I think the outcome would be but let you correct me if i am wrong .
So on the table I have Winding Constrictor , Fretwork Colony , Ridgescale tusker , and Drana, Liberator of Malakir . Each has lets say 2 counters on them . Its now my turn and i bring in Aetherborn Marauder . Now the wording to me on winding constrictor "If one or more counters would be placed on an artifact or permanent you control , that many  plus one of each of those kinds are placed on that permanent instead "  means each time I move a counter from one permanent onto Aetherborn Marauder , Winding Constrictor should trigger ??  So I would end up with 16 counters on Aetherborn Marauder ??

Just seems a bit ridiculous but so is the recent combos in Standard   ::)
Is this accurate ??   :o

HowlingLotus

• Decks
Re: aetherborn marauder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:26:06 am »
I'm just coming back to the game recently so I could and probably am wrong. I do love Aetherborn Marauder, though, as it is my "finisher" in my Aether/Servo deck.

My understanding is Winding Constrictor would give 8+1 as it states "If one OR more counters". My friend explained to me that the "move any number of counters" part is one instance, so again, could be my misunderstanding.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:29:15 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:59:24 am »
HowlingLotus is correct.  Moving counters for Aetherborn Marauder is completed as one action.  Winding Constrictor replaces that effect with that effect plus 1.

dokepa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »
that was the part which was unclear to me " moving them as one instance " instead of individually ! thanks again for your clarity !!