deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Mardu Creativity  (Read 241 times)

GADDoran85

• Decks
[Standard] Mardu Creativity
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:15 pm »
Mardu Creativity

Create tokens, sacrifice them with Indomitable Creativity fetch up Kozilek or Ulamog. Planeswalker and Oaths to draw and protect.
Gabriel Doran

DelverMage

• Decks
Re: Mardu Creativity - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:38:58 pm »
This is a very interesting deck idea.

I imagined something similar when I first saw Indomitable Creativity.

I tried fishing a few hands, after reviewing the Visual Spoiler, and I have a few quick thoughts based on this short exposure.

The mana mix does not flow nicely.  Far too often, in the first 3 or 4 turns you will be dealing with 2 or more tapped lands.  Each instance slows down the deck by a turn.
I also noticed the deck is a bit top heavy. 

It may be that it is top heavy by design, because the deck is EXPECTING to get mana a bit slow because so much land ends up tapped coming into play.

My thoughts are that lots of the popular decks on the .net are going to be looking to finish you off by the 4th or 5th turn, so this deck needs to stabilize by then.
I do believe that if the mana can be smoothed out it would make a big difference.

My fast change recommendation?

-2 Aether Hub
-1 Harnessed Lightning
+3 Evolving Wilds

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Mardu Creativity
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:41:05 pm »
Hi! I think this is a really cool idea, and being a solid plainswalker deck with a combo finish seems pretty awesome in the current meta. Being able to just dump an eldrazi titan into play off Creativity or Nahiri seems really fun!

I did have some questions, because this is a deck I would be REALLY interested in building. What would you say is the most common way to win? Is it the plainswalkers taking over, or landing a Titan? Do you have any plans for a sideboard? Some silver bullet one of's like Exquisite Archangel for really aggressive decks or Demon of Dark Schemes for wide decks seems like a really unique build strategy. Finally, do you ever use Creativity on your opponents stuff? and if so, have they been good experiences or bad?

As for the deck itself, the biggest problem I currently see (much like DelverMage) is the mana. However, I have a different alternative. The deck is pretty heavily White / Red with only a light splash for Black. the biggest black investment is Flaying Tendrils with double black. So instead, why not try Radiant Flames or Kozilek's Return? Radiant Flames can take out even bigger stuff, and is easier on the mana. Kozilek's Return is an instant, so you can catch them off guard, and while you're unlikely to ever actually CAST a big eldrazi, if you do, you get an extra sweeter, and it threatens your opponent and may keep them from overextending. You do lose the exile clause, which is good against Scrapheap Scrounger, but being able to more easily cast Creativity seems like a worthwhile trade.
Going with either dramatically lowers the dependence on black and means you could probably cut a couple Shambling Vent and a Concealed Courtyard for more red sources (to make sure you have triple red on T4), maybe just another Mountain, an Evolving Wilds, and a 4th Smoldering Marsh

Anyway, sweet deck and I hope this gives you some ideas! Good luck :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

GADDoran85

• Decks
Gabriel Doran