deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Very new, read the general tips..How do Playtest after entering a deck?  (Read 744 times)

clk1975

• Decks
Title says it all,

Thank you.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
The deckbuilder can show you probabilities, stats, and possible opening hands... but you would need to play the deck to play test. That would require having all of the cards in person.

I assume that is what you meant?
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
You can download and save, then play test on say xmage or cockatrice. That way you don't have to spend money just yet on the paper cards.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Another option is to sve a deck list and use the "print Proxy" function t print off all the cards in the deck. You can then have nice proxies to test with in person before committing to buying all the cards
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

clk1975

• Decks
Thank you very much for your replies, I recall seeing somewhere that deckstats had a playtest/simulator that you could run your deck against in order to test it.

I have the paper cards and have had limited actual play time with it. 

This seems like a great site, I love all the analytics!

Thanks again!

AeroSigma

• Decks
You may be recalling the Starting Hand Simulator, one of the tabs at the top will simulate your opening hands, and allows draws and mulligans as well.  I totally understand the difficulty with testing a paper deck, there's no replacement for playtime, but it can be hard to find people in person. So in terms of online play, there are the programs mentioned above, but also mtgo of course, if you have money to get digital versions of the cards as well.

good luck!

AeroSigma

• Decks
PS - Thanks for reading the general tips! :p. I'll try to add this in when i get the chance.