deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Hapatra  (Read 563 times)

wasteland

• Decks
[Standard] Hapatra
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:23 am »
Hapatra

Need some help in making a deck around Hapatra

calebbw

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Hapatra
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:00:19 am »
This looks like an interesting theme. You should definitely play Walking Ballista. It can deal noncombat damage to things triggering Soul-Scar Mage triggering Hapatra. Not to mention it's just a good card.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:51:29 am »
  Here's an interesting idea you might like: Consuming fervor on your channeler initiate. This way it'll be a large (6/7) creature that every turn you'll give it a single -1/-1 counter (which you can remove anytime to gain mana) and produce a snake token using Hapatra, vizier of poisons. Also adding synchronized strike or even adding spidery grasp could untap it in a moment's notice. As for the soul-scar mage you may want to add cards that allow you to do repeated amounts of damage per turn, that way you get MULTIPLE triggers from the damage conversion and pop out lots of snake tokens. A card to consider could be blazing volley if you use multiple copies per turn and it'll only hit your opponent instead of a mass card like sweltering suns.

wasteland

• Decks
Re: Hapatra - Comments
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:03:50 am »
thats a good idea with consuming fervor cause snakes and mana every turn. I could side board some of the defense card if I need it for games and some of the damage cards while I play test it. Walking ballista is good to have as an additional card. Thanks for the feedback

tyler9219

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:14:14 pm »
I made a Jund counters deck. It's on my page. Very most updated one is the current edition

crodriguezo

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:57 am »
I really would like to know why Hapatra could be a good card, since you have to put -1 -1 counter in more than one card to create more than one snake right?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:39:38 am »
  When you place a -1/-1 on anything you get a snake when that happens yes. But she can be used as a strong medium for the deck because the way you run her depends on the cards you have at your disposal. Also when you have cards that just drop -1/-1 counters on stuff throughout the game and also hinder your opponent because -1/-1 counters (unlike actual damage) is not removable). So if you're playing creatures such as the exemplar of strength then your creature gets stronger as the game goes by. This also creates a balance because while your creatures are recovering from the -1/-1 placement you could also put them on other people's creatures and slowly build up your army.