deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Can You Traverse The Maze?  (Read 587 times)

blueberry314

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Can You Traverse The Maze?
« on: April 21, 2017, 07:33:13 am »
Can You Traverse The Maze?

An Archenemy deck based around the Implicit Maze. Can you make it through the labyrinth, avoiding the traps, dead-ends, and other obstacles in your way?

My playgroup has a house rule for EDH Archenemy, that the Scheme deck is one of every Scheme ever printed. Not only are the opponents moving around the Scheme deck and the maze, but the Archenemy doesn't know exactly what twists and turns will be coming up next!

RedSam

• Decks
Re: Archenemy: Can You Traverse The Maze? - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:06:48 am »
Why not play the keyrunes instead of the cluestones? Would be more threatening!

blueberry314

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:27:38 am »
Honestly, I had the Cluestones and not the Keyrunes. If I invest another $5 in the deck, I'll probably switch them out.

RedSam

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Can You Traverse The Maze?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:35:21 pm »
If you wanna keep it fluffy, you could also switch the Alara-Attackers for something else ... maybe the Mazerunners like Lavinia, Exava, Tajic?
And of course the armorer guildmage etc. for the 'original' ravnica guildmages.

But nontheless the deck looks like much fun! (: I have to try it myself, since my buddy and me build all Guild Decks for RtR. Maybe we can sample this down somehow ...

terry.schmitt

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:54 pm »
I love the flavor on this, but Gideon, Champion of Justice is the Gideon that was involved with the maze of Ravnica and he wasn't nearly as involved as Jace, Architect of Thought (the one looking for the solution to the maze) or Jace, the Living Guildpact (surprise, the reward for solving the maze is a new title with many new responsibilities!).

blueberry314

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »
To stick with the flavor, I replaced the Gideon with Jace, the Living Guildpact. As for the Atraxa Attackers, I wanted the deck's threat to be the maze itself, not the runners within. Plus, I didn't have the space for ten runners!

Darth Vonkoenig

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 04:35:36 pm »
Love this! It looks like it would be so much fun! Do you actually play archenemy with this commander deck?
-Darth Vonkoenig