deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Hapatra's Poisons  (Read 315 times)

Sol-Bara11

• The Shifting Wastes are alive.
  • Decks
[Standard] Hapatra's Poisons
« on: April 23, 2017, 05:03:44 am »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Hapatra's Poisons
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »
The concept behind the deck looks pretty good so far. I do have an area that I'd like to highlight;  the creatures. Since hapatra is reliant on the -1/-1 counter production its important to make sure your creatures are utilizing them to the fullest. For example, the creature called soulstinger would be perfect in this deck because he himself is reliant on stacking and even offing himself to give those counters to other creatures.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:07:43 am by G. Moto »

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »
True, but the thing with me is that I make decks based on what I have on me, because I don't have the money or the time to buy singles.  I know Soul Stinger could help, I just don't have him yet. ^-^ Thanks for your feedback!!! ^•^

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:56:57 am »
That's understandable, even the decks that I post are only the ones that I have physically built. Unless someone has a request for a deck build or wants to see a hypothetical deck build then I'll assist in that.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 01:07:37 am »
Yeah.  If you take a look at my Enigmatic Aftermath deck, those are cards that I plan on making after the release next week(or it happened this week, I'm a bit scatterbrained at the moment) and Ill get them all from booster packs!!!  And whatever my dad has when he gets like three booster boxes and a bunch of single boosters. XD

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 02:08:56 am »
  Both you and dad play, sounds like you'll have a good card pool to build from when it comes to deck building. I do have a recommendation for you; if you feel like your U/R isn't cutting it in some areas you can always splash a 3rd color. Maybe Green for growth (Temur G/U/R), Black to make your opponent discard and to destroy some of their creatures (Grixis B/U/R), Or if you're able to add more creatures such as nimble-blade Khenra you can add some white and create a more aggressive spell casting deck (Jeskai W/U/R). Just some ideas that you can think over later, there is always room for growth and creativity when it comes to adding colors.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:00:07 pm »
I see what you mean, but I would rather try to keep the colors to two, to make things simpler.  I do see your point though. ^&^ And no, my dad merely collects cards, so I just end up with a HUGE card pool. XD He doesn't even mind when I take his cards anymore. XD My mom always gets pissed. -_-

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 06:11:53 am »
  Well as long as you guys are all having family time that's what matters most I guess. So if you're keeping it U/R there are some routes that you can take: 1. Lots of spell play and combat tricks, 2. Lots of spell play and dealing damage, 3. Spell play and making your creatures grow or do crazy maneuvers (like enigma drake and then fling after it attacks). There are lots of strategies when it comes to U/R. What do you like most?

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:01:23 am »
Right now I don't really know yet. XD I still have to make it, but honestly I enjoy dealing unblockable damage, so the Enigma Drake and FLing after it attacks might help...and if I can, Cut // Ribbons (Ribbons) kills. XD

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »
So either B/R or U/R might be right up your alley.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 01:43:11 am »
Yeah. XD Maybe Madness

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 07:11:55 am »
    Madness can be effective. Just keep in mind how you want the deck to operate on a consistent bases. Anyone can make a discard themed deck, but you have to understand why you're discarding those cards, how they are going to effect the overall game play of the deck and what the deck's true goal is. For example: shadows over innistrad has some great ghosts and spirits that have tricky and nasty effects against the opponent. Most people like to build W/U spirits because of the control but a U/R spirit deck that uses madness cards that deal damage can be brutal. This especially if your creatures have prowess (meaning that they get stronger +1/+1 every time you play a non creature spell (until the end of the turn).
     Now a B/R madness deck you can focus on vampires (which a majority of them already have madness or fuel discard outlets for other cards). Or you can try mixing in some humans and creating a rouge deck all your own. It just depends on what you're in the mood for.

Sol-Bara11

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »
Very true.  I'll think about them. ^-^