deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Breya EDH. Need Help!  (Read 746 times)

manuagg

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Breya EDH. Need Help!
« on: April 26, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
Breya EDH. Need Help!

I'm new building commander decks, I've played commander a lot but all of my decks have been builds I found online with little tweaks to make them more of my playstyle. This is my first time building a commander of my own, and it's a 4 color one, my other commander decks are Ezuri, Renegade Leader, Krenko, Mob Boss and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, those decks are very simple to play, get a lot of elves, make them huge and smash faces, make a lot of goblins and sacrifice them, get huge value creatures and sacrifice them to kill every one, but Breya is totally different a deck full of interactions and combos that I've been wanting to build for a pretty long time.

I have to cut around 16 cards out of this list, the rest of the deck will be basic lands.

I'm building mostly with cards I got out of the 2016 pre con and cards I already have, but I'm willing to spend a little more, but not in fetch lands and shock lands.

Other cards I own that almost made it into the list are Deadeye Navigator, Felidar Guardian, Cathartic Reunion, Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice and Refurbish

Tycas

• Judgment without Hope - The Orzhov Syndicate
  • Decks
Re: Breya EDH. Need Help! - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 12:06:48 am »

Baka no Inu-Chan

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 02:08:02 am »
Like what? I bought the Breya Commander Deck just 2 Months ago, and now they just ban her as a Commander? T_T
well then I will have to switch her out for the Guys with the Partner Ability and include her in the Deck

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 02:12:14 am »
Damn, I didn't know, I don't keep up with the meta. I think there is no replacement for her as a commander other than a 5 color commander and rebuild the deck or keep the deck how it is and never play the commander... or Child of Alara to sacrifice it and remove everything if I need it

Baka no Inu-Chan

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 02:13:39 am »
@Tycas I checked the Facebook Page out, and it is only for Duel Commander, so 1on1 games. In normal Commander Games with several People she is still legal I think.

Baka no Inu-Chan

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 02:19:29 am »
@manuagg in the Breya Deck there are also Bruse Tarl, Silas Renn and Akiri included, they have the Partner Ability. So if you use Silas Renn together with one of the other Guys as Commander, you can keep the Colors of your Deck

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 02:26:01 am »
I don't play 1v1 commander so I'm ok right? The partners that come with the precon are not really appealling to me, I'll have to check the other ones.

Baka no Inu-Chan

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 02:42:19 am »
yeah, in Multiplayer Commander she is still legal. Here is the official Banlist from WotC for Commander http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-format

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 02:50:45 am »
Now that we know that she is only banned in 1v1, what would you suggest cutting or adding to the deck?

Wendigogo

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 06:18:39 am »
If you don't play 1v1 then I don't think cutting or adding would be needed.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Breya EDH. Need Help!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 07:26:21 am »
  I rarely play commander myself but when I do I try to focus as much on that commander as possible. When I say this i mean gearing the deck around his/her abilities and using that to augment the power of your deck leader. Here's an example: Breya, etherium shaper will have her effect trigger whenever she enters the battlefield. But her other mana abilities can be activated as long as you sacrifice two artifacts. My best recommendation would be to delve back into the old Mirrodin, Scars or Mirrodin and the new Kaladesh block for support cards for this deck. The reason being is that all of those worlds are ARTIFACT themed and will provide you many play style options. Also Kaladesh has a lot of creatures and spells that can FABRICATE other 1/1 artifact creature tokens. This mean as you play with your regular creatures and cast spells that make artifact tokens you can simply use them as cannon fodder for Breya's abilities. I see that you already have some Kaladesh cards but pushing the deck forward towards that block in particular will give your deck a more streamlined focus and enhanced playability all around. What are your thoughts on this?

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 12:33:49 am »
@Mr. Arrey Potter this is not a deck list but the cards from where I have to choose to make the deck, I already chose the cards I like for the deck, but got to decide which ones are the ones that are going to stay in the deck, I have 105 cards in this list and still have to add 9-11 basic lands that means I have to take 14-16 cards out of the deck, and if someone suggest a not so expensive card I may add it to the list of possible cards.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 12:51:58 am »
  Here is a suggestion to you @manuagg: Go onto the card database on the main magic the gathering website. Look up the Kaladesh block and add the filters so only the common and uncommon cards show up in your commander's respective colors. Any Instant, Sorcery, enchantment or creature that helps give you a 1/1 artifact just for playing it needs to be added. Best part is since most of those cards are common and uncommon you should be able to fetch a good bundle of cards for a relatively low price (no more thn 10 dollars for about 50 cards or so (depending on where you're shopping of course).That means any creature that has the action word FABRICATE that belongs to your commander's colors needs to be in this deck. Reason being is that all the creatures in that block already have their own special abilities.

You can't activate any of Breya's effects unless you're sacrificing an artifact. It would be advantageous of you to play those creatures because you'll be getting 2 benefits out of 1 card. Playing a creature who naturally makes an artifact, then giving those artifacts to your commander, so the commander can use those given artifacts to deal damage to the opponent. I don't even have that commander but it sounds like a good deck to me. Heck, if there was a competitive commander league near me she would be my #1 commander of choice (next to the Gitrog monster of course). 

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 02:48:42 am »
@G. Moto I don't want to be activating Breya s abilities unless I really need them, this is a combo deck, I want to be as low profile as I can until I can combo off, the only fabricate card I like is marionette master because it can give me sac fodder, blockers or be a disciple of the vault on steroids

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 07:42:41 am »
  Ok, but let me ask you this: how low key can you be when your commander has 4 different effects? Trust me when I say this, if I don't know what a card does I read it, once I read that LIST of effects that your commander has I'm going to start deducing how your deck implements that commander and how it may run based off the commander's colors and the cards you play on your respective turns. So lets look at this:

Breya (W/U/B/R)
Ability 1: when she enters the field you get an artifact creature
Ability 2: Sac two artifacts to deal 3 points of damage
Ability 3: Sac two artifacts to -4/-4 another creature
Ability 4: Sac two artifacts to gain 5 life

Now looking at these abilities I have a series of questions for you. I want you to keep this in mind, I'm not attacking or putting down your ideas or opinions, I just want to show you some things that I see. I want to offer you my perspective on this;
Q1- What is the main THEME and GOAL of this deck?
Q2- Why did you choose THIS commander to lead your deck?
Q3- What combos are you trying to work towards and your main strategy that you'll be implementing?
Q4- I like Marionette Master as well, you may want to play enchants that increase his Power drastically (like grave strength)?
Q5- How low key did you plan on being playing a 4 color commander with 4 effects?
Q6- What is the most important aspect of this deck to you?