deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Naya exert Tier 1 (?)  (Read 230 times)

Kingofmottinos

• Decks
[Standard] Naya exert Tier 1 (?)
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:00:31 am »
Naya exert

The mainboard is straightforward. The sideboard should just be made of anti-cat and anti-vehicle stuff.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Naya exert Tier 1 (?)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:38:36 am »
  I see the play ability that this deck has and the exert is definitely good in how each creature supports one another. MY opinion on this deck though, despite the unity it might not be a tier 1 level deck. As strong as it is the exert only works when the creature is attacking. With the way destruction and blowing up people's hands and fields can be done so easily ( thanks to Innistrad and the -1/-1 cards such as Archfiend of Ifnir from Amonkhet) or simply just tapping down people's creatures or bouncing them back to their hands, or even how kaladesh has indestructible creatures can make even the strongest deck halt at a stand still. What are your thoughts on this?

Kingofmottinos

• Decks
Re: Naya exert - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:57 am »
Yeah that's why I wrote the (?) near Tier 1. I think that when this deck works, it works beautifully but it cares too much on its strategy rather than thinking about adapting to the opponent's strategy. Whatever the opponent plays, all you can do is exert to death. That could work or could not work. I still think that the deck probably uses the exert mechanic to its full potential, but it is just not enough to make it to tier 1, or at least to make it constantly. As you said, there's too many things that this deck can't answer.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Naya exert Tier 1 (?)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 03:31:22 pm »
   Just saying, Exert is a STRONG mechanic but it won't be a LASTING deck build in the standard. Something that can INTERACT with your opponent, run itself INDEPENDENTLY of their deck AND answer their responses without slowing yourself down. Playing Blue isn't what I always want to push because even though it is responsive, sometimes being REACTIVE can force you to rely too much on what your opponent is playing. Build the core of your deck first, solidify and refine it, and then use your sideboard to cover any interactions that you may face. Let your sideboard cover your contingency plans and your deck be what holds your true game plan.