deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Amonkhet Exhume  (Read 157 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Pauper] Amonkhet Exhume
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:05:26 am »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Pauper] Amonkhet Exhume
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:14:30 am »
  I see the concept behind the deck. My question to you is this, wouldn't this deck benefit more if you had more "playable" creatures rather than simply throw aways? For example, if you made this deck a full JUND exhume deck then you'd be able to include greater sandwurm, honored hydra, scaled behemoth, shefet monitor, and Khenra Charioteer to your deck. All of these cards have abilities that help them in and out of combat, they are highly useful in the deck's overall game play (since they're 6 mana+), and if you add champion of Rhonas to your deck you'll also be able to play them quickly even if you don't drop them in the grave first. What are your thoughts on these recommendations?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:49:38 am by G. Moto »

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 06:21:57 am »
well, it's a pauper deck, man- I've been toying with greater sandwurm, but the rest of those are uncommon :(

I DID, just now, change the decklist to reflect the inclusion of Shred Memory (replacing Manamorphose)- being able to transmute into exhumes should be excellent, although with the amount of dig I'm playing it already reached them pretty quickly :)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:06:30 am »
 Well at least the deck is working the way you want it to. Are you considering going JUND because there are some good common creatures that would help with their E.T.B effects. Pitiless Vizier would be good because he can aid you in field defense AND he's indestructible when discarding (which you can definitely find some red spells and creatures that allow that at instant speed). Miasmic mummy can help you drop your big stuff and give you a body on the field. Also keep in mind that exhume works for your opponent as well. Perhaps you may want to find creatures or other spells that do the same thing without benefiting your opponent?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:30:28 am by G. Moto »

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:40:12 pm »
I think miasmic mummy is a strong suggestion! Best case scenario I get a turn 2 exhume on the eldrazi but having other options can't be bad. It WILL require testing though, because that turn 2 dig ( cathartic reunion, tormenting voice or faithless looting) has been a very important setup stage. I think being able to get a creature/dragon enchantment into the graveyard for setup may make up for that though.

When I first built this deck, I ran 4 bojuka bogs to eliminate my opponent's graveyard prior to an exhume- but then, my previous version of this deck is madness based and had more lower level creatures/removal. This deck, without sideboard, ignores your opponent's creatures entirely in favor of a fast and more powerful exhume, so constantly drawing unnecessary bojuka bogs was turning out to be detrimental.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:49 am »
  Well if you'll be using ulamog's crusher then I would highly recommend adding Hazoret's favor to your deck. Reason being is this: When you play exhume on ulamog's crusher while having the enchantment on the field you can give it haste AND +2/+0 (so he would be a 10/8 with haste). Best part is that the dragon shadow will give it an extra +1/+0 and fear (or intimidate if you want to be up to date with terminology). That means since Ulamog's crusher is a colorless creature he cannot be blocked except by another colorless creature. So you'll have a (11/8) colorless eldrazi creature that has intimidate, haste and annihilator. How's that for getting more bang for your buck!?