deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: G/B/R Jund Hapatra Tier 1 (hopefully?)  (Read 400 times)

Kingofmottinos

• Decks
G/B/R Jund Hapatra Tier 1 (hopefully?)
« on: April 27, 2017, 09:25:45 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/79907/718124-g-b-r-jund-hapatra

Can this deck (by the way, it's even budget) make it to Tier 1?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: G/B/R Jund Hapatra Tier 1 (hopefully?)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:17 am »
  Make soulstinger, consuming fervor, and supernatural stamina should all be at 4 copies each. The soulstinger alone triggers the nest of scarabs, the enchantment is a guaranteed -1/-1 which equal a (1/1) scarab for EVERY -1/-1 counter that drops. The supernatural stamina will save you a lot of games because it'll help your vital creatures stay in the game a lot longer and they receive a power boost before they even die (that makes for a great combat trick). The archfiend of Ifnir and Key to the city in my opinion should either be removed or side boarded. The key to the city is a 1 turn occurrence and would be too slow for you to take full advantage of the archfiend.
     Now if you had the archfiend of Ifnir in your deck with copies of deem worthy then you'd have something special. This is because when you CYCLE the deem worthy it triggers the -1/-1 drop. Also while soul-scar mage is on the field the 4 points of damage you would deal gets turned into -1//-1 counter damage instead. This will trigger off your nest of scarabs.
     Also I think that you may want to replace the defiant greatmaw with baleful ammit. I think this would be a good idea because even though the greatmaw is bigger than baleful ammit, the black creature has LIFELINK. And though the greatmaw drops 2 -1/-1 counters and ammit only makes 1 he doesn't put your entire team in a tight spot by only give one point of negativity against yourself.

Personally I feel that Jund can be a tier 1 deck because it provides a solid board presence, if you add more kill spells (such as deem worthy), and have more ways to hinder or utterly destroy your opponent's resources then this can become a tier 1 deck. Even if you don't have Blue's controlling or stopping magic, RED and BLACK do just fine in the destruction department and GREEN can nearly outgrow anything. if you add spells such as splendid agony you'd be able to distribute even more -1/-1 counters and it could serve as a kill spells  What do you think of this so far?

Kingofmottinos

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:56 am »
You just gave a bunch of nasty ideas for the opponent... This seems like a really promising deck among the ones I made, I'll totally turn my attention to this one. When I'll have the modified version I'm gonna post it here, I'll let you know what I can do!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:31:15 am »
   I'm glad that my creativity can inspire you. If you need any orher ideas or you have another deck you want me to look at for you send another deck idea. I'll look it over and I'll give my critiques.

Kingofmottinos

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:06:16 am »
G/B/R Jund Hapatra

I modified it, it seems more consistent now. If you want to review another deck of mine, I posted a few days a go a G/U Nissa and Rhonas variation on the same deck you reviewed (but the one you commented was G/U/W).

tyler9219

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »
What is the endgame for this deck? I made a deck with similar build and I cannot find a way to finish people off.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:56:30 pm »
 @tyler9219, the JUND deck is mid-ranged where it uses aggressive tactics and combat tricks to take down the enemy. If you're using the nest of scarabs then you'll be able to over run the enemy with your scarab tokens.

tyler9219

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 05:42:05 pm »
In Jund, where Is  a good source of card draw? I can only think of painful truths and ob

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 01:59:15 am »
 In Amonkhet there are the various cards that have CYCLE so you do have some card draw there if you can pay the cost. I'll do what I can to show you the spells that give you the draw power you need:

Amonkhet
Painful Lesson
Sixth Sense
Tormenting Voice
Watchful Naga

Kaladesh
Armorcraft Judge
Cathartic reunion
Live fast
Morbid Curiosity
Renegade Tactics
Rishkar's Expertise
Unbridled Growth

Shadows Over Innistrad
Cemetery Recruitment
Collective Defiance
Cryptbreaker
Mad Prophet
Merciless Resolve
Root Out
Succumb to Temptation
Ulvenwald Observer

These are some draw cards that I can see working well in Jund as far as draw power goes. You can pick and choose as you like but keep in mind that when it comes to Jund, it's all about the sacrifice. Gaining strength through sacrificing your own creatures and gaining the strength to overpower your enemy. Think  about the original Jund from the Alara Block, Its a jungle esque place where its Eat Or Be Eaten. Keep that in mind when you're deck building.

tyler9219

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 02:34:11 am »
Awesome thank you for the options! Definitely going to use a couple of them!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 03:05:41 am »
Glad that I can help.