deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Eternal bargain budget evolution  (Read 352 times)

darkslack

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Eternal bargain budget evolution
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:25:25 pm »
Eternal bargain budget evolution

This deck is an evolution of eternal bargain pre-cons I modified for my son.

The main idea is to try to win as much life as possible to use that life as a ressource either to deal damage, draw cards or have big creature such as serra avatar minions of the wastes.

Nevertheless, I find it not that efficient and I'm looking at budget upgrade to this deck.

If you could provide me any suggestion to stick with the global theme of the deck. I'm wondering whether another commander in white/black color would be more efficient

« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:54:42 pm by darkslack »

Methanone

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Eternal bargain budget evolution
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:08 pm »
Maybe consider "Karlov of the ghost council" for your commander to add a lot of control.
If you do so then Detention sphere can be switched to a simple stasis snare since it's commander it won't change much
"the staff of the death magus",
You should really get "open the vault" as of right now you have 21 possible crucial elements you could bring back.
"Test of endurance"
"aetherflux reservoir" is a much more reliable way to deal damage than easily removable creatures like "serra avatar" and "minion of the wastes" that could anyways get blocked by a poor 1/1 saproling if you see what I mean, usually in commanger big evident threats don't tend to stay long on the board ; "Servant of tymaret" is a lot more humble and resilient and blocks just as well, as long as you have 3 mana to spare ofc.
I would add a "Phyrexian arena" is kinda like "dark tutelage" but in a lot better i would argue, you end up paying less life and you don't reveal anything. But if you feel like you can't have both take the first one.
Drana's emissary feels a bit clunky because it is so slow, for the amount of her ability to matter, on the other hand it's not a meaningfull target at all and is therefore a sneaky way to lower your opponents life total...  but will it die in the smallest board wipe ? yes definitely
the thrull parasite feels like a dead draw, i would rather have "in garruk's wake"
Definitely add a little bit of protection like "eerie interlude" or "ghostway" ...

Alhammaret's archive
Chant of vitu ghazi if you tend to get killed in 1 wave of huge minions

1 or 2 fetch ... keep in mind Black is known to help you get any card from your library with the tutors, and you should abuse this as much as possible.