deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Can I do this combo?  (Read 467 times)

manuagg

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Can I do this combo?
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:48:53 pm »
Can I do this combo?

The other day I was playing a casual EDH match and realized I had a combo I've never thought about, Pili-Pala + Grand Architect + Breya, Etherium Shaper, but I didn't have a sac outlet to cast Breya an infinite amount of times, creating infinite thopters, so I thought I could use Breya's ability to sac herself and a thopter, and do that over and over again, having infinite mana and infinite thopters while doing infinite damage, but a friend pointed out I couldn't because when I sacrificed Breya to herself and recasted her, she would have summoning sickness. I think she is right but could you tell me what is the rule for this situation?

CaptMcFizzle

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Can I do this combo?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:15:19 pm »
Summoning sickness wouldn't apply here because the ability that allows her to sacrifice herself doesn't require her to tap.

mpijnenburg

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:47 pm »
summoning sickness doesn't disturb this trick because the actual 'tap' symbol isn't there. Just compare it to crewing a vehicle, you can do that the turn you have any creature enter play as well, since the 'tap' symbol isn't there. Kill 'em!

mpijnenburg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:03 pm »
excuse me, my explanation is inadequate. please follow CaptMcFizzies advice :)