deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Restore Balance on a budget!  (Read 308 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Restore Balance on a budget!
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:08:20 pm »
Restore Balance on a budget!

So, my budget living end deck is doing amazingly in paper. Figured I'd give making a budget restore balance deck a shot! With this deck, I DO want to eventually upgrade to 4x nahiri's, emrakul, and 2x idyllic tutor, but even playtesting without them, it's consistent! As Foretold is an amazing, amazing card here.

The thought of budgeting this came to me last night and this is my first attempt, I would absolutely LOVE budgetable suggestions!

shinig4mi89

• io non gioco a Magic Io Scombo Forte!
    • Twitch Channel
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Restore Balance on a budget!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:29:03 pm »
I've been playing this for quite a while now and is really stable
https://deckstats.net/decks/19289/698271-as-foretold-restore-balance/it
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:30:00 pm by shinig4mi89 »

Inphyy77

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 11:04:57 pm »
I have never actually played the archetype, but I can think of a few upgrades off the top of my head that won't break the bank:

- Kiora, the Crashing Wave : gives you a little more of everything you want in this deck by blanking a bit of damage, digging for combo pieces, and can start spitting out 9/9s.
- Ricochet Trap : With two or three copies in the board it will help you fight through counterspells, by switching their target to the trap itself.
- Lingering Souls : In the board it gives you more chump blockers, pressure on opposing combo/control decks, and sac outlets for Greater Gargadon.
- Wear // Tear : Hits pesky targets that don't die to Restore Balance.
- Blood Moon : Not truly "budget", but it is much cheaper with the MM17 reprint, and I would take advantage of it while it's still low.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:54 pm »
Thanks for the responses!! How do you like march of the machines shinig? I'm going to give it a shot- I feel like making your artifacts creatures is a bit double edged since you'll have to sacrifice them to prevent your opponent from keeping his own creatures- but on the other hand, with as foretold running as an additional mana buffer, I could see it working well :)

Lingering Souls!! Holy crap that's an excellent addition. I'm also wishing I hadn't traded my Kiora away. I've got the wear // tear sideboarded already, but those are solid solid suggestions!! Thanks!

shinig4mi89

• io non gioco a Magic Io Scombo Forte!
    • Twitch Channel
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:33:25 am »
Thanks for the responses!! How do you like march of the machines shinig? I'm going to give it a shot- I feel like making your artifacts creatures is a bit double edged since you'll have to sacrifice them to prevent your opponent from keeping his own creatures- but on the other hand, with as foretold running as an additional mana buffer, I could see it working well :)

Lingering Souls!! Holy crap that's an excellent addition. I'm also wishing I hadn't traded my Kiora away. I've got the wear // tear sideboarded already, but those are solid solid suggestions!! Thanks!
March of the machines is foundamental to ensure a rapid closure and also to avoid  Chalice of the void with 0 signal on it .
and also is a more natural answer to all equipment. anyway i've tried also lingering souls but i rather prefer to have As Foretold instead
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:03:14 am by shinig4mi89 »