deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] RG Energy  (Read 433 times)

JKMTG

• Decks
[Standard] RG Energy
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:08:06 am »
RG Energy

RG energy, aggro build with big bads

looking for any insight on how to keep it consistent

HarleyDFXDWG

• Decks
Re: [Standard] RG Energy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:42:41 pm »
Have you considered sweltering suns for board clearing? Im thinking vs another creature deck or zombies.

Kaba

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 02:42:37 pm »
For an aggro deck I think shock is better than magma spray, to do the last damages to a wounded opponent.

Kaba

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »
You still can keep magma spray in the sideboard against scrapheap scrounger.

Invigorated rampage is also probably better than brute strength.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:06:14 am »
Both Shock and Magma Spray are w damage at instant speed for 1 red.  Magma Spray just exiles the target as well if lethal damage was dealt Magma Spray > Shock.  I play a White/Green Energy deck that stays consistent.  It has Decoction Module (gain energy every time a creature enters the field) as well as Aetherstorm Roc.  Both let Architect of the Untamed trigger, potentially infinitely (Aethergeode Miner with three of those in any combination or two Wispweaver Angel bouncing each other infinitely) 6/6 beast tokens or an infinitely large Electrostatic Pummeler.

JKMTG

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:07:07 am »
Sweltering Suns is indeed in mind as a good zombie/token hate card specifically, and after some consideration I will most likely be adding a few into the mix.  I normally don't play red as a main color so I'm a bit behind on standard cards for that color. I still think I will be keeping up the Magma Spray over Shock for the exile vs player damage trade-off.

JKMTG

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 04:35:57 am »
Also came across a couple Khenra Charioteer while opening some packs, and this may be a decent addition to boost overall damage. Not sure what to replace to add a few into the deck. Any suggestions?