deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: newbie in need of major help for my deck!  (Read 1270 times)

mtucker271985

• Decks
newbie in need of major help for my deck!
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »
8 Forest
7 Island
1 Orzhov Guildgate
7 Swamp
1 Abattoir Ghoul
2 Acidic Slime
2 Ambush Viper
3 Archaeomancer
2 Borderland Ranger
1 Butcher Ghoul
1 Drainpipe Vermin
1 Fogbank
1 Kraken Hatchling
2 Liliana's Shade
2 Ravenous Rats
1 Rotcrown Ghoul
1 Zameck Guildmage
1 Abundant Growth
1 Army of the Damned
1 Boundless Realms
1 Cancel
1 Dreadwaters
1 Farseek
1 Golgari Charm
1 Infinite Reflection
2 Mind Sculpt
1 Moan of the Unhallowed
1 Prophetic Prism
2 Ranger's Path
1 Rewind
2 Volcanic Geyser

Of course this is my decklist and I'm just wanting a deck that can win but also control and destroy all at the same time. i was thinking of adding another farseek and a Nicol Bolas Planeswalker to it maybe 2 or three but i want to hear what you guys think about what i should add and take out. thanks for the extra needed help in advance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:42:49 am by mtucker271985 »

Crow, Rogue king

Re: newbie in need of major help for my deck!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:43:34 am »
hey in order for me to help this deck, i ask 1 thing. can you please upload it as a new deck?

zack224

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:42:07 pm »
hey in order for me to help this deck, i ask 1 thing. can you please upload it as a new deck?

lulz we all started playing magic at some point crow, but the most help is to find one specific strategy you want to center your deck around.

Crow, Rogue king

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:59:49 pm »
i understand this zack, all i was saying is that it is a little easier to go over the deck and make suggestions when its laid out like this. if his deck has a strategy to it it becomes easier to see in a deck on here.

KunseitheRatQueen

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 05:55:01 pm »
I don't understand how seeing it in a different format would make it easier to see the strategy. What makes the strategy hard to see is the fact that this deck has too many singles of a card and thus drawing the card you need is exceedingly difficult. In a nutshell this deck has no strategy.

Crow, Rogue king

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
a  deck list would allow the sorting of the cards but anyway this deck does seem a little scattered.

5p3c7re

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

lulz we all started playing magic at some point crow, but the most help is to find one specific strategy you want to center your deck around.

Checkout Magic the Gathering's articles about the decks that are winning tourneys...
http://wizards.com/magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=TopDecks&description=Swimming%20With%20Sharks

Load a couple of these decks into the deckbuilder and use them as tool to learn how to use focused strategy. In general, you need to keep only the cards your deck needs to win. The fewer single cards the better because you are more likely to get what you need to make your deck work. Most of the time you only need 15 or 20 different cards to make a decent deck, the hard part is finding the correct number of each card to make the deck consistently do what you want it to do.

Also pay special attention to your mana base as the lands in a deck truly make or break the deck.

Hope this helps.