deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Werevolves  (Read 485 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Werevolves
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:49:10 am »
Deck: Werewolves

A werewolf deck I made when I got bored
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Werevolves
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 07:01:28 am »
I'm seeing that this deck is a little heavy towards the end. Though I do see a lot of green wolves I don't see much synergy with the cards that you are playing. Also the mana curve, the land distribution could use a little more work if you're running wolves that have high costs and mana effects.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »
It's worked pretty well for me. Ulvenwald Captive and Cryptolith Fragment tap for mana and Waxing Moon let's me transform werewolves for cheap. Hinterland Logger is a good trigger for Cult of the Waxing Moon. I also have it based around Clues a little. Weirding wood makes a Clue and ramps, Vriarbridge Patrol creates clues and lets me play creatures for free while sacrificing clues.Ulvenwald Mysteries gives me chump blockers in addition to that. And Moonlight Hunt is basically Murder if I have a couple werewolves out
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:21:26 am by Soren841 »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »
 Ok but keep in mind that too many spells will turn your wolves back into humans. They can be pretty vulnerable if they transform  at the wrong time.

Architect

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 11:37:31 pm »
You should try using Lambholt Pacifist // Lambholt Butcher. It's cheap and can be really annoying for your opponent.
Good luck!

Architect

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:18:34 am »
Only Hinterland Logger transforms back

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 02:51:53 am »
so you're paying 6 and 7 mana for a one time transformation? Well I guess if you can pay the cost, but if that's the case then why have the cult of waxing moon then? They are expensive bodies who will only trigger when your bigger werewolves (the expensive ones) transform. And that might only happen maybe once or maybe even twice if you've got the mana for it.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 02:53:26 am »
It'll trigger every time Hinterland Logger transforms into a werewolf, and that one does transform back. Plus I have 4 Waxing Moon to transform werewolves

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 02:54:31 am »
I actually have this deck and it does pretty well, it's torn apart for other decks ATM and I'm too lazy to put it back together from my collection lol

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:55:02 am »
But the problem with waxing moon is that it only transforms ONE werewolf not all of them. IT's an effective card but the wolf army will be a slow progression.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 05:26:04 pm »
Don't you think the weirding wood and the ulvenwald mysteries slows down the purpose of the deck? IF it's focused on werewolves then and it's all green then you don't even need the mana of any color. For briarbridge patrol I see why it's there but that's one card for one card , where's the synergy with the entire deck? Because keep in mind, your stuff has to die if you want the mystery triggers.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »
It's more for the effect when I sacrifice a clue. Obviously creatures will die, so I may as well get something from it.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 06:17:52 am »
Why not add another color and make it harder to kill them then?