deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ  (Read 7500 times)

ladof

• Decks
Re: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 12:42:15 am »
I would actually wager against it being reprinted in Hour. They've already shown some cards I'll almost guarantee aren't reprinting in standard, like Armageddon, Blood Moon and Damnation.

Also, this might be the last Masterpiece set for a while. They said they didn't want to keep doing it unless they can really make it fit with the set theme.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:06 am »
Like buried treasure.... :)

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:50 pm »
I am a little surprised that the scorpion god has no real weaknesses. It is a creature regardless of the amount of red and black creatures in play. I guess its only real weakness is that it is not indestructible but with 6/5 and basically returning to your hand when it dies, it practically is indestructible. I am going to add it to my -1/1 counters deck. I wonder the other god will be, I am thinking something like a cobra or jackal to fit with probably being more corrupted than the other five gods.

There are already exists a cobra and jackal god in Rhonas the Indomitable and Hazoret the Fervent. I'm thinking more along the lines of a hippo or a scarab. Hell, I'd love to see a camel god.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »
Yeah forgot about them since most of the other gods are not that playable except maybe the white or black one aka the cat and crocodile ones. I know they have names but they just aren't that memorable. The least playable ones would have to be hazoret and kefnet simply because of their hand dependence, either one or less cards or seven. If a player has seven cards in his or her hand, that player is either winning or losing while the same is true for hazoret. From what I have seen and heard the last god will be locust, so I am guessing it will be blue and green simply because most bugs are green unless they have some poison that gives them say infect or deathtouch, and I don't see a grasshopper being that poisonous, and blue since it has wings, but these are just wild guesses.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 07:07:02 pm »
Hazoret is playable, burn ftw
Nils is the God I worship

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 08:37:13 pm »
We got the energy hate card finally:

Solemnity 1WW
Enchantment
Players cannot get counters.
Counters cannot be put on artifacts, creatures, enchantments, or lands.

Energy, Infect, and counters strategies just got a kick in the shorts. Finks and other undying/persist cards gain.

We also got graveyard hate:

Crook of Condemnation 2
Artifact
1, tap: exile target card from a graveyard
1: Exile ~, exile all cards from all graveyards

1 more mana than relic of progenitus, but targets card for 1st ability. Also, no draw on 2nd ability.

Both are uncommon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:41:28 pm by CardAgain Sweater »
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 12:45:42 am »
The Lotus God is revealed, a UR  flyer with 4/4 stats and the 'return to hand' affect. Also creates 1/1 flying insect token whenever you draw a card and has (2) UR: Draw a card, then discard.

Seems like exile cards are going to be the vogue for this set. Stasis Snare, Cast Out and the like will probably be major removals.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 02:14:58 am »
The locus god is going to be insane for commander. It could also be an alternate win condition for blue red control standard. With Pull from Tomorrow it can create 8 1/1 flying haste creatures and it is hard to kill.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 02:31:05 am »
I am having trouble deciding if the locust god is good, bad, or somewhere between. His ability triggers during each of your turns at least once, but him costing six mana to play makes him not that impressive as a token generator and I think there are other cards better equipped at drawing and discarding. Mind you the tokens he creates also have haste in addition to being flyers, I just would like him to either cost one mana less or perhaps be a little stronger like a 4/5. I just keep comparing him to the scorpion god and he comes out lacking. Oh well, it does make me wonder if the demon Razaketh will be any good. I am betting he will either be black and blue or black with a control ability like revealing an opponent's hand or something like that.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 02:16:01 pm »
Personally I think that the locust God is good and for various reasons:

1) He helps fill up the graveyard so that cards like enigma drake can get stronger more consistently.
  2) It gives shadowstorm Vizier, horror of the broken lands, pitiless vizier, Hekma sentinels, ruthless sniper, faith of the devoted, and drake haven discard outlets.
  3) It helps make cryptic serpent cheaper to play, so as a mid-late game play it also benefits similar to the drake.
  4) Helps boost the kill power of warfire javelineer.
  5) Grixis, Jeskai, and  Temur decks depending on the build can help with this. For example, play temur then add the new naga that serves as crucible of worlds. Pay 4 mana, draw a card and discard a card, get a 1/1 creature, use the naga to play the land you just discarded (lets say a forest). The card you just drew was deem worthy. Your wildfire eternal just attacked and was not blocked so now you can play that expensive spell you just played for free. It's one combo but it has synergy where you can still utilize your resources while creating a board presence AND recycling what you don't need for later.

Just some ideas that I came up with looking at this card. I don't want to say that it's better or worse than the scorpion god because they are both made to do their own things and can be beneficial in their own decks.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:00 pm »

Some new spoilers that I personally like for various reasons. I am very happy with Fraying Sanity for my mill deck! ;D

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 06:20:21 am »

Vigilant 4/4's with an exert seems too good.

Have we seen any natural vigilance exerts that have embalm? If not, I highly doubt we will get natural vigilant exert eternalizes

That was kinda my point. There are only 2 embalm creatures I found with vigilance. No exert creatures at all with embalm, and *obviously* none with vigilance. That wasn't what I was getting at - it would be silly of them to make a vigilant exert creature, whether or not it could be zombified, right?

No, what I was referring to is that Wizards probably caught the interaction with Aven Wind Guide's token buffing with flying and vigilance. We can assume that we won't see an exert eternalize creature happening in the new set; it also seems that we won't see a spell that allows us to embalm/eternalize creatures that do not have the ability (such as has been done for the morph mechanic), as it could be used on exert targets, with vigilance added with AWG or another effect.

Welcome to the website!

And I am wrong. The Scarab God eternalizes any creature in graveyard. Most exert is in red/white/green, and this is a UB god, but still - WBU zombie decks: Anointed Procession, Aven Wind Guide, and this new god. Plus access to anything those colors give. Wow.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 06:50:52 am »
Just when I was hoping that Zombie cards would see a price drop after the initial hype from Amonkhet had faded .....  :'(

Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 02:26:11 pm »
That Scarab God, though. I really think that BWU zombies is going to be nuts. Graveyard hate is almost necessary. Prized Amalgam and dread wanderer means you won't only have tokens.

I wonder if temmet, vizier of naktamun will see some play now. I always thought it was undervalued.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 04:23:37 pm »
Temmet and The Scarab God would be insane if you could eternalize a double strike creature. Thats 10 unblockable damage a turn.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.