deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ  (Read 7510 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 05:12:02 pm »
Also if you think about it like this: the scarab god lets you exile a creature from ANYONE'S graveyard. That means fraying sanity, compelling argument, dreamstealer, winds of rebuke, unburden, and embalmer's tools serve a new purpose with this god. you can do heavy milling on the opponent and conserve all your mana simply for spot removal of the opponent's graveyard. Remove their best stuff from the game, make a 4/4 copy and go to work on your opponent. IT's going to be good.
   Also how does Sultai (B/U/G) sound to you guys? I can see the scarab god, Nest of scarabs and hapatra vizier of poisons doing some work in a deck like this. Use the snakes to kill off big threats, use the counters to make scarab And snake tokens, and exile whatever you want from the opponent's grave. It sounds feasible.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 04:53:55 am »
Not overly impressed with Razaketh, the Foulblooded. BBB(5) 8/8 flying trample with Pay 2 Life: Sacrifice another Creature. Search for a creature and put it in your hand.

Seems really expensive. Yes, it'll end games if left alone, but at 8 mana, it should. It has no protection from removal and, while the tutoring is nice, it's not earthshaking. I was hoping for more out of this guy.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 07:30:55 am »
  IF you can draw it before turn 8 you can cast him for free with as foretold once it hits that 8th X. Harvest season may help you by adding extra basic lands to your board, It'll be most helpful in a token deck. Champion of Rhonas will get it on the board very quickly as long as you exert him. Also if you want to get flavorful try playing a Sultai deck using Razaketh and  bounty of the Luxa. Also pyramid of the pantheon will be helpful early game in giving you that 3 black mana you'll need to summon him.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 07:39:32 am »
Personally I see the scorpion god as more useful with the nest of scarabs and hapatra, vizier of poisons, but I do like the scarab god more than the locust god since it also allows you to bring back the best creatures from any decks as long as they are in the grave. I am guessing that the tokens get whatever abilities the creature had and become 4/4. I also find it a little unusual that the three new gods do not have names, maybe they will be release of nicol bolas hold and receive names and new abilities. I agree that razaketh is a little high to play, personally if I am going for a searcher I think I will stick with liliana vess. Maybe if he had been a 4/4 with the same abilities he could have cost BBB and 2 or 3 colorless and still been more playable. By the time he is in play, he just gives you more win, perhaps he will be more useful with aetherworks marvel. I am surprised by how good rhonas' last stand is. Two mana for a 5/4 token seems a little overpowered. I know lands not untapping hurts a little but still getting a 5/4 on turn two would be hard to deal with most decks.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:01:46 am by entropize »

AlnairMysticWolf

• Decks
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 07:44:49 am »
THE SCARAB GOD in my opinion this is easily the best god in hour of devastation this god ability to create zombies out of any graveyard just by exile to put a copy of that creature as a 4/4 zombie is devastating. Really looking forward to hour of devastation.
🌟AlnairMysticWolf🌟

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 08:51:01 am »
The Scarab God.. if I played those colors I would be happy. Fortunately this is less groundbreaking in Vintage.  ;) still buying $100 prerelease box
Nils is the God I worship

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 04:37:14 pm »
 @entropize, it looks like Hapatra, vizier of poisons is destined to be in a jund deck. Consuming fervor, soulstinger and the nest of scarabs was my favorite combo. Now it looks like a complete deck can e built from that now. Add some haze of pollen and hapatra's mark as protection and cartouche of strength to make the scorpion god FIGHT and have trample AND gain +1/+1,.....this is going to be a dangerous deck.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 08:54:20 pm »
Just put 4 of each of those and some land, deck complete  :P

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2017, 06:27:27 am »

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2017, 06:36:44 am »
Torment of Hailfire is just sick for EDH and my (mostly) weekly group of multiplayer casual. I would gladly pay 5 mana to do that around the table 3 times. Sorcery speed is a drawback, but it had to have at least one negative. Might be tough to find time when everyone is tapped out to avoid a counterspell.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2017, 07:29:56 am »
The torment of scarabs is my favorite of the three. It hits an opponent for 3, causes a sacrifice a nonland or discard once a turn. Kind of useless in multiplayer unless you get out three but still fun with one on one especially if used with stuff like copy enchantment. I can see the torment of hailfire being nasty in a few decks discard, sacrifice or just damage.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 07:38:36 am »
Torment of Hailfire could be a win con in my green deck lol. My friend I play with doesn't run counterspells so it doesn't need to be an instant. My green deck can ramp to 32 mana turn 8 (ish) and cast it for 30 X. I hope you run tokens

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 07:39:11 am »
 That card is disgusting and worthy of a bolas deck. All the mana ramp in this game right now in standard, this card in of itself is a win condition.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 07:41:12 am »
Lol Moto. If ya can't beat it, play it.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2017, 07:42:00 am »
Also check my green deck out? I've made some edits, I'll post it.