deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ  (Read 7519 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Hour of Devastation SPOILERZ
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2017, 07:49:43 am »
Sure, I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:43 am »
The MORNING DX it's the same deck jus edits it shouldn't take too long
Nils is the God I worship

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2017, 09:25:54 am »
Another card that seems interesting to me is Steward of Solidarity. It reminds me of a two drop bloodline keeper or krenko. It may only be used once every two turns to produce a token. I think with intruder alarm, this card is pretty good. I would like to see an exert deck possibly with something that allows you to untap your creatures like seedborn muse, quest for renewal, and prophet of kruphix.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2017, 09:38:41 am »
Check out my deck, "Dunno." The post is called  Inspired by Moto  :P Also posting fully colorless eldrazi ramp

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 01:25:00 pm »
Don't forget Ahn-Crop Champion that untaps each other creature when you Exert it...

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 05:51:16 pm »
Omg The Locust God goes in my Nekusar deck perfectly

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 08:44:59 pm »
I think The Scarab God will work better for Nekusar.  Eternalize anything fun that they discard as you make them discard and draw. The Locust God does benefit from Jace's Erasure and Psychosis Crawler, though... Or Jace's Archivist.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »
Vizier of the True slipped by me, I just now took a good look at it: 3/2 body for 4 cmc ain't great at all, but what a triggered ability for this Amonkhet block!

(Sorry for the pun)

Anytime I exert a creature to make it more killy, I get to tap a creature of my opponent so they cant block my now-more-killy-because-I-exerted-it creature? Puts the kebosh on mana dorks?  And the creature giving me this ability just has to be there, not doing anything or costing me anything extra. Yeah, I wanna fiddle with that in drafts.

2 toughness is a drawback with magma spray and abundant negative counters, but still!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 11:31:03 pm »
The Scarab God doesn't fit. The Locust God fits right in with the massive card draw (I'll post my Nekusar deck)

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2017, 04:32:39 am »
Depends on what you mean by fits.  I designed a Nekusar deck before here
http://deck.tk/9rmA11KB
The Scarab God lets you pilfer creatures (such as Ulamog) as you force opponents to discard, letting you make weak creatures with powerful abilities in their graves or yours (from everybody discard and draw effects like Dragon Mage) into 4/4 creatures or effectively exile powerful threats from their graveyards.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2017, 05:29:25 am »
My deck is all about card draw, and bad things coming with it http://deck.tk/4nr919aS

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2017, 06:13:16 am »
  @Soren841, regardless of how you build the deck it is up to the deck builder to decide the best way for them to play the deck out. For example, a while ago I recommended building a Sultai Hapatra, vizier of poisons deck with the scarab God and nest of scarabs. Sure the flavor and the effects would be nice but having the Scorpion God in that deck instead would provide more draw power for me as a player and a JUND deck would give me more combat strategies. It's not always WHICH cards you use but HOW you use them. If i decide to put the Archfiend of Ifnir in that same Sultai deck then it may help me out more so than putting this card in the Same Jund deck. Ya kinda follow where I'm going with this?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2017, 06:25:45 am »
Ik u recommended those cards lol. Check out "Inspired by Moto" deck post

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 11:52:06 am »
Another good card for -1,-1 counters. I like ammit eternal, a 5/5 3 mana creature that can gain -1,-1 counters for hapatra, nest of scarabs, etc. and has afflict 3 so even if he is blocked he will still do damage. I know its ability hurts it once to three times a turn especially against say fast burn instant deck but it is still an interesting card. I am starting to also like the new afflict cards. They would be interesting additions to red burn decks especially the wildfire eternal one.  Anyway is anyone else getting the feeling that of the amonkhet gods that bontu will remain loyal to nicol bolas even after learning the truth of being manipulated. I am getting that feeling because his trial of ambition promotes betrayal and that little wording in bontu's last reckoning. I am also betting the red and blue gods will be getting some sorcery ranging from 2-3 mana with a name like "god's name" last something." I am thinking kefnet will get a draw ability until you have 7 cards while hazoret will get a burn and/or discard ability.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 06:03:28 pm »
 I second that on the AFFLICT cards. Looking at what exists right now I think that a Grixis deck would be the most thing pushed forward in this set. Even though that's the generally theme of this set seeing how Bolas has returned it would be a great way to utilize wildfire eternal (who is red) to recycle your Blue spells (such as open into wonder or decision paralysis). If you build it well it will be dominant.