deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What's color?  (Read 2147 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: What's color?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »
I might use the Lands but not the artifacts
Nils is the God I worship

bulgymilk

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »
Not sure what to say if artifacts aren't colorless enough...

Thought-Knot Seer is a good card.....Also Reality Smasher.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »
Artifacts aren't Eldrazi. Also I know those cards aren't bad but they don't fit.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 02:45:30 am »
I don't like Cloudpost entering tapped, are there any other lands that don't come in tapped? It does end up tapping for more mana but it slows down the deck in the beginning, which is where it's important. Later game has cards that reduce cost so I won't need all the mana then

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 07:12:25 am »
besides basics, battlefield forge, and most of the innistrad lands. But besides that most of the non-basic lands have colored-mana activated abilities. It wouldn't really work that well in your deck unless you decided to splash a color. Which would go against the theme of the deck.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:00 am »
So I think Urza's Lands work best here

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 07:20:57 am »
At their worst they're still the same as Wastes, and at their best they tap for a total of 7 mana with 3 land, I think they're the best card for this

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »
If your deck is for Legacy, Cloudpost + Glimmerpost + Vesuva is stronger than Tron lands.
Anyway, you should play 4x Expedition Map in order to fetch your lands.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 02:06:39 pm »
No they aren't stronger because they come in tapped, the larger amount of mana in the later game is not worth them coming in tapped for this deck

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:00 pm »
To my knowledge, there is a competitive deck in Legacy called "12 Posts" but none called "Tron" or the like.
You can check it.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 05:13:24 pm »
And I believe my deck is called "Colorless Eldrazi RAMP." Having all my lands come in tapped is too slow even if it gives more mana late game

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »
I'm sorry, I know it's your deck and I'm not saying which card you shall include and which one you shall not.
I've just pointed out that my advice was indeed well informed, then it's you who makes the final choice.
If you're worried about your lands coming tapped, you could maybe consider Amulet of Vigor (the combo with Summer Bloom and the bouncelands was banned in Modern for a reason, but since you don't play green...).
Anyway, the chances of you assembling all the three Tron lands aren't that high and you really should add some tutor, being Expedition Map the best colorless option I can think of.
Moreover, Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors are other pretty good lands of choice in Legacy, though they're quite expensive (this too comes for a reason...).
Another card that I've seen played is Candelabra of Tawnos (there is also Deserted Temple, though it's clearly weaker).
Also, for what I see you aren't going to do anything in your first three turns and stuff like Chalice of the Void, Trinisphere and Tangle Wire will help a lot.
As for the sideboard, I would put at least a couple of Crucible of Worlds against Wasteland (alone or recurred with Life from the Loam and such) and some removal against enchantments (namely Blood Moon).
Ratchet Bomb could do the job but, as I see no card under cc4 (apart from Endless One which sits in the sideboard anyway), I would suggest Culling Scales which is a favourite of mine.

PS: Another card you can encounter in Legacy that basically nullify your deck is Ensnaring Bridge, so you need not only enchantment but also artifact removal (both Ratchet Bomb and Culling Scales will still do the job).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:57:45 pm by crimsonking »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
I will be doing stuff in my first three turns

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2017, 11:17:23 pm »
But I might use the Crucible of Worlds and Wasteland. And Ratchet Bomb.. possibly not the removal, with land destruction in the deck, it might not be worth it
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:19:41 pm by Soren841 »

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
Hi again,
I took a moment to do some statistics for you.
If I did everything correctly, these are the chances your deck has to assemble the Tron in the frst 10 turn (according to deckstats itself):

And these are the chances a 12 Posts has to assemble Cloudpost + Glimmerpost (3 mana) or Cloudpost + Vesuva (4 mana):